Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6200 Pro / 8200 Elite SFF Desktop - macOS Sierra / High Sierra Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an 8.3.2 you can use.
I downloaded that, when you run it it says version 8.3.1. was sure I was going mad so redownloaded t and still says 8.3.1 on the program
it says Clover version 2.4k rev 4420 in the about, Firmware: Clover rev 1.4428

I downloaded that, when you run it it says version 8.3.1. was sure I was going mad so redownloaded t and still says 8.3.1 on the program
I think that RM just forgot to change it to the .2 version when he updated it. You could still update Clover to a newer version on the USB. Try using one like 4586 from the Downloads > Clover builds section and see if that makes a difference.

I think that RM just forgot to change it to the .2 version when he updated it. You could still update Clover to a newer version on the USB. Try using one like 4586 from the Downloads > Clover builds section and see if that makes a difference.
Sorry for the noob question, once downloaded where do I put the newer clover?
EDIT: unzipped the clover file and installed it to the USB, got a message saying the wrong OS but continued regardless
2nd Edit: did not boot with newer Clove installed

Last edited:
Good evening.

I am trying this guide with ivy bridge to try and install Snow Leopard on a HP 8300. What is happening, is not what this guide or indeed any others, are describing.

I’ve also tried high Sierra, but again there is nothing happening that the guides describe.

Is anyone able to advise at all?

Thank you everyone.

Good evening.

I am trying this guide with ivy bridge to try and install Snow Leopard on a HP 8300. What is happening, is not what this guide or indeed any others, are describing.

I’ve also tried high Sierra, but again there is nothing happening that the guides describe.

Is anyone able to advise at all?

Thank you everyone.
The HD2500 graphics of your 3570 are not supported in Snow Leopard or High Sierra. It may be best to get a GT 710 to use with High Sierra. It makes no sense to install and use Snow Leopard in 2018.

The HD2500 graphics of your 3570 are not supported in Snow Leopard or High Sierra. It may be best to get a GT 710 to use with High Sierra. It makes no sense to install and use Snow Leopard in 2018.
Good morning. Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

If that's the case, then why is there a guide for it?

Unfortunately I don't have access to a Mac.

Thank you again. Much obliged.

If that's the case, then why is there a guide for it?

Unfortunately I don't have access to a Mac.

The primary reason to install Snow Leopard is to get access to the Mac App Store for someone who cannot find a real Mac to use to download Sierra, High Sierra etc. Snow Leopard is available on a retail DVD from Apple that anyone can buy, whether they are a Mac owner or not. Hence the guide for those in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back