Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6200 Pro / 8200 Elite SFF Desktop - macOS Sierra / High Sierra Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
got High Sierra working on a 8200 i5-2500 with GT710. I had the full HD resolution after multibeast, but after a boot, i got now only 1200x960 (i have no more screen attached, just screen sharing). I also have no sound. Any idea? Thanks for your time
What kind of monitor ? How is it connected ? DVI or HDMI ? Sound will work if you install the two kexts to /L/E with the Kextbeast app. You can also attach your Clover config.plist for review.

What kind of monitor ? How is it connected ? DVI or HDMI ? Sound will work if you install the two kexts to /L/E with the Kextbeast app. You can also attach your Clover config.plist for review.
No Screen is connected (a 1900x1200 screnn was connected to setup the PC), but after that, I connect to the PC using the Screen Sharing built in on OSX.
What Kexts are you speaking about?

No Screen is connected (a 1900x1200 screnn was connected to setup the PC), but after that, I connect to the PC using the Screen Sharing built in on OSX.
What Kexts are you speaking about?
Not sure why your resolution is lower with screen sharing. The two kexts to install for audio: VoodooHDA and AppleHDADisabler kext are necessary.

Not sure why your resolution is lower with screen sharing. The two kexts to install for audio: VoodooHDA and AppleHDADisabler kext are necessary.
is there any way to force the resolution and the screen sharing host is in 1900x1200? In the meantime, i connected a tv set that has a lower resolution and rebooted while it still was connected. Could it come from this (thus, should i connect again the full HD screen to get back to high res?).

Thanks for the audio info, I'll try now

i am using the HDMI to use the tv set. I got 1080p working even if it doesnt go to the edges of the tvset screen (i guess it is something related to the tv). I used the Kextbeast app, which installed itself, but did not put the two kext in L/E. So I installed the two kext manually. I still have the sound icon greyed with no sound card choice. Another idea?

Edit. Sorry, did not see that the kext should have to be on the desktop. Installed in the /System/L/E and it now works. Thanks

Last edited:
I am having some issues and I hope you guys can help me out. I have the HP Compaq Pro 6200 SFF with an SSD and I removed all other drives as suggested. I am at the point now in the process whereby the macos is trying to install the high sierra macos to the SSD. I keep getting an error message. Please see picture below. Any idea what I did wrong?

I have gtx 1050 installed.
i7 2600 cpu

EDIT
I went ahead and tried to reintall again from USB and when I get to the screen where I need to erase the SDD, I received an error message. Please see second picture below. I am wondering if there is a way I can format the SDD using Terminal.

Attachments

• 5C9CD23A-5B27-4452-B042-A8968567FB5C.jpeg
    5C9CD23A-5B27-4452-B042-A8968567FB5C.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 140
  • 20A25824-5E0E-4D33-9309-1A689181A38E.jpeg
    20A25824-5E0E-4D33-9309-1A689181A38E.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 166
Last edited:
The i5-2400 Elite 8300 is now available at Newegg for a good price. $125 USD. Has a 500 GB HDD. See link below.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=9SIAAJ26TW7531

There is no need to pay extra to get one with Windows 10 pre-installed. Use the Win 7 Pro product key after you've installed Windows your self and Win10 will activate without a problem.

Last edited:
Hackintosh Installed on HP 6200 pro SFF. Every thing is working fine. I am Using Nvidia 8400 GS 1 GB graphics card. and Its warking quite smooth.
Thanks!!
If someone need any help please drop me a reply.

Hackintosh Installed on HP 6200 pro SFF. Every thing is working fine. I am Using Nvidia 8400 GS 1 GB graphics card. and Its warking quite smooth.
Thanks!!
If someone need any help please drop me a reply.
Hi there. I have the same computer as well and everything is working except imessage. How did you make imessage work for you?

Hi there. I have the same computer as well and everything is working except imessage. How did you make imessage work for you?
Use search with the terms: iDiot's Guide to iMessage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back