Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to remove 'Boot OS X install from partition' from Clover bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
agrafuese's solution worked for me to get rid of a failed Mojave update install.

I wasn't able to cd into the relevant folder (permissions error) at first. I got around that by switching to SuperUser first with an sudo -s command. I don't know if that gets you around any SIP issues or maybe I didn't have SIP enabled in the first place.

I am trying to remove "boot OS x install" from clover boot menu, I have showall (including hidden) files on, deleted the "macOS Install Data" dir but don't have a " .IAproductinfo" folder but do have a ".IABlessInfo" haven't touched it though. I am running Clover 5119 and macOS 10.15.5. Clover still shows "boot OS x install" any help is much appreciated!

Try searching for "mac OS Install Data" instead of OS like the original post. I was trying to fix some issues with my 10.15.1 build and while I couldn't find an IABoot folders, I was able to find & delete that folder. This is before testing so I'll check back in sec.

Edit
It worked.

This worked! Thanks! I tried deleting the folder itself but there was nothing to be seen on Finder, even after showing all files from the terminal. I ended up deleting the contents of the folder and that did the trick.

Can't find the solution.
I've deleted mac OS Install Data folder.
However, in DiscUtil I've got 2 disks (screen attached)
Catalina is my current Volume and before update it was called Mojave. After updating from Catalina to Mojave I saw that Mojave resists and just rename the Disk. Now I've got 2 volumes but it's one disk (SSD)
Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 16.45.00.png

Just in case someone is looking to remove the High Sierra installer partition from clover: there was no IABootFiles folder for me. I just went ahead and removed .IAProductInfo and the macOS Install Data folder (different naming! check that there is a 10.13 reference inside that folder).

Thanks!
Worked like a charm! Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back