Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to remove 'Boot OS X install from partition' from Clover bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this tip.

If anyone is put off typing Terminal commands, Apple did in fact introduce a simple keyboard shortcut to show / hide hidden files - no Terminal required.

From Finder, simply hold down the following three keys at the same time:
  • Shift cmd . (note the full stop/period)
Press to show hidden files, press again to hide them.

I also want to know this for Mojave.

Had the same issue on Mojave where I was missing .IABootFiles in root directory.
However, there was "macOS Install Data" folder. Deleted that one and it worked. After reboot, "Boot macOS X from install .." disappeared.

Thanks!!! On new mojave install this was driving me nuts ... install was default so if I didn't catch this in the 3 second window it would start the install over again. Confirmed that remove "macOS Install Data" gets rid of this problem. Also get rid of other entries such as prereboot and recovery by following this article (used EFI Mounter v3 and PlistEdit Pro to modify config.plist)

toggle by pressing f3 to get recovery back on boot. Now my default clover boot is boot directly to mojave which is what I want. Also increased 3 second timeout to give more time to get recovery option back by pressing f3 (timeout setting is in : (mount EFI) then use PlistEdit Pro: CLOVER -> config.plist -> Boot -> timeout)

Thanks!!! On new mojave install this was driving me nuts ... install was default so if I didn't catch this in the 3 second window it would start the install over again. Confirmed that remove "macOS Install Data" gets rid of this problem. Also get rid of other entries such as prereboot and recovery by following this article (used EFI Mounter v3 and PlistEdit Pro to modify config.plist)

toggle by pressing f3 to get recovery back on boot. Now my default clover boot is boot directly to mojave which is what I want. Also increased 3 second timeout to give more time to get recovery option back by pressing f3 (timeout setting is in : (mount EFI) then use PlistEdit Pro: CLOVER -> config.plist -> Boot -> timeout)

Sorry - just updated my profile - I'm running Mojave with an Nvidia GTX 660ti, GTX750 is not compatible

Just updated from 10.14.5 to 10.14.6. When restarting to install the additional "Boot from installer" icon shows up on clover . I let the installer run and it updated my system to 10.14.6. It totally wiped my system clean which is OK since I just installed 10.14.5 and I only loaded a couple of things anyway. However the macOS Install Data folder isn't there this time. I rebooted again and the only option for clover was boot mojave. Looks like a change has been made. Also when I mount the EFI partition there are only executable files config.plist etc is missing. However when I boot, clover still does the same hide/ unhide (with f3) to show me the additional volumes that I hid (example recovery) by editing config.plist when using 10.14.5. I'm guessing that if I hadn't hidden the additional boot options in 10.14.5, they would still be showing up on the clover bootloader now.

If anyone is put off typing Terminal commands, Apple did in fact introduce a simple keyboard shortcut to show / hide hidden files - no Terminal required.

From Finder, simply hold down the following three keys at the same time:
  • Shift cmd . (note the full stop/period)
Press to show hidden files, press again to hide them.

Thanks @steveharman, didn't known this one! :thumbup:

For French people using AZERTY keyboards, you must add the fn key to the shortcut for it to work...

Cmd + Shift + . + fn

;)

Last edited:
Amazing had that junk entry there forever, now searching for something else I stumble across this thread which gets rid of the damn thing. Thanks.

Hi,

i deleted the two folders described above, but now I got a kernel error at startup:
Error loading kernel cache (0xe)

What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back