Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to remove 'Boot OS X install from partition' from Clover bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
This worked beautifully for me, my thanks for the instructions for this issue. Is there a possibility that you know the Terminal command for hiding all the hidden files again after I am done with the procedure?

Is there a possibility that you know the Terminal command for hiding all the hidden files again after I am done with the procedure?
Terminal:
Code:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE;killall Finder

Just in case someone is looking to remove the High Sierra installer partition from clover: there was no IABootFiles folder for me. I just went ahead and removed .IAProductInfo and the macOS Install Data folder (different naming! check that there is a 10.13 reference inside that folder).

Thanks!
at my HS worked brilliant! thank's a lot!

Just in case someone is looking to remove the High Sierra installer partition from clover: there was no IABootFiles folder for me. I just went ahead and removed .IAProductInfo and the macOS Install Data folder (different naming! check that there is a 10.13 reference inside that folder).

Thanks!
I can confirm this also; for the 10.13.4 update from 10.13.3 (which went horribly bad)... Thank you so much for letting me know which files needed deleting... would never have figured this out myself.

Anyone else having trouble deleting the folder /MacOS Install Data ?
I deleted the .IAProductInfo file, but when I try with MacOS Install Data folder, it doesn´t give me the option. Also tried on terminal with rm -R command but not possible.

Any ideas?

Anyone else having trouble deleting the folder /MacOS Install Data ?
I deleted the .IAProductInfo file, but when I try with MacOS Install Data folder, it doesn´t give me the option. Also tried on terminal with rm -R command but not possible.

Any ideas?

Sorted out!
There was no possible way to delete the Locked Files folder under MacOS Install Data. Tried everything. Finally, I thought on turning on the computer on Windows and getting rid of the folder from there.
Now it is gone and Clover shows only Mac and Windows!

Can this method remove an extra boot partition added during a botched update?

HS ran one automatically but it did not complete successfully. Now, there's an extra boot partition in the Clover startup screen. The system boots fine on the regular partition but I have to manually select it.

Before I restore from a backup, thought I might try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back