Graphics
Nvidia GTX 650 ti 1024 MB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello people,

In this quick guide I'll show you how to remove the 'Boot OS X install from partition' from your Clover bootloader. This problem might occur after a successful installation of OS X with both Yosemite and El Capitan. I don't know if this also happens on versions below 10.10.

The Problem:

20160201094757.jpg

A bloated bootloader due to 'Boot OS X install from partition' options. These will still be there, even though OS X has been installed successfully. Since the install partitions have the same UUID as the boot partitions, you can not hide them using Clover Configurator.

The Solution:

First, enable 'show hidden files'.

Terminal:
Code:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE;killall Finder

I personally use this: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/32882/showhiddenfiles little tool so I will not have to remember that command line every time I want to use it.

Pressing spacebar in the Clover boot menu gives you some extra information of the partition you will be booting. I had two 'Install partitions' per OS X installation. Pressing the spacebar referred me to the following folders:

20160201094757-3.jpg20160201094757-2.jpg

The solution is simple and safe. Navigate to your main partition. Now look for 2 folders: IABootFiles (hidden) and OS X Install Data.

Schermafbeelding 2016-02-01 om 18.39.14.pngSchermafbeelding 2016-02-01 om 16.43.59.png

Delete those folders, empty your trash, reboot and you will be good to go! Remember, without 'show hidden files' enabled, you will not be able to see (and remove) the first one.

There was no clear solution on the internet so I decided to create this thread.

Best regards,

Thijmen.

Last edited:
This worked for me! I also went ahead and deleted the .IAProductInfo file at the root of the drive. It just included what looked like a file path to the OS X Install Data folder.

-Nathaniel

This worked for me! I also went ahead and deleted the .IAProductInfo file at the root of the drive. It just included what looked like a file path to the OS X Install Data folder.

-Nathaniel

Glad it has helped.

Hello people,

In this quick guide I'll show you how to remove the 'Boot OS X install from partition' from your Clover bootloader. This problem might occur after a successful installation of OS X with both Yosemite and El Capitan. I don't know if this also happens on versions below 10.10.

The Problem:

View attachment 174982

A bloated bootloader due to 'Boot OS X install from partition' options. These will still be there, even though OS X has been installed successfully. Since the install partitions have the same UUID as the boot partitions, you can not hide them using Clover Configurator.

The Solution:

First, enable 'show hidden files'.

Terminal:
Code:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE;killall Finder

I personally use this: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/32882/showhiddenfiles little tool so I will not have to remember that command line every time I want to use it.

Pressing spacebar in the Clover boot menu gives you some extra information of the partition you will be booting. I had two 'Install partitions' per OS X installation. Pressing the spacebar referred me to the following folders:

View attachment 174981View attachment 174980

The solution is simple and safe. Navigate to your main partition. Now look for 2 folders: IABootFiles (hidden) and OS X Install Data.

View attachment 174987View attachment 174986

Delete those folders, empty your trash, reboot and you will be good to go! Remember, without 'show hidden files' enabled, you will not be able to see (and remove) the first one.

There was no clear solution on the internet so I decided to create this thread.

Best regards,

Thijmen.
That did it also for me Thanks

Just in case someone is looking to remove the High Sierra installer partition from clover: there was no IABootFiles folder for me. I just went ahead and removed .IAProductInfo and the macOS Install Data folder (different naming! check that there is a 10.13 reference inside that folder).

Thanks!

Just in case someone is looking to remove the High Sierra installer partition from clover: there was no IABootFiles folder for me. I just went ahead and removed .IAProductInfo and the macOS Install Data folder (different naming! check that there is a 10.13 reference inside that folder).

Thanks!
I can confirm!

Thanks!
I tried to find the files and folders mentioned in this thread as well as the original post and I was unsuccessful. My problems only started after I installed High Sierra and copied someone's config.plist file as they had the same motherboard as me and my computer wouldn't boot. After I copied their config.plist file. my computer would boot but then my clover had all these extra boot options. It's really annoying and I would appreciate your help in fixing this. Thanks!

Hi, I have a Sierra and Mavericks dual boot and on Mavericks a while a go I was playing with OS X Yosemite install and now there is a "boot Install OS X from Mavericks" thing on my boot loader... is there a way I can get rid of it? Also is there a way that I can have clover boot to the last partition that I booted to?

-Dom

Nuts, I have this problem on my recently updated HS install. However, I don't have the hidden IAProductInfo and MacOS Install folder. Any chance they are located in a different directory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back