Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to remove 'Boot OS X install from partition' from Clover bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works like charm in High Sierra. I do it every time I make minor updates via AppStore.
Thanks a lot.

Looks like Clover lists bootable volumes AND scans volumes for what it thinks is bootable items. So with the install left overs you end up with more than one Clover boot item for your operating system volume. Clover then auto runs the first thing it lists so keeps calling the installer instead of the OS itself. By removing the above files you delete what Clover is finding, so it then boots the operating system automatically. Many thanks to the OP as I just spent about 3 hours trying to remove one boot item with search strings and drive ID's etc etc. Works perfect in High Sierra 10.13.6 :)

This guide is still useful today. Thanks a million for posting it. The show hidden files tool is also really useful. Much appreciated.

Dave

There is not .IABootFiles in Mojave but the result is working as well.

Just delete the macOS Install Data folder and also the .IAProductInfo and the first option in Clover will be to boot your installation.

Thanks!

How do you do that in Catalina? There is no .IAProductInfo.

I guess I am not alone to had issue with last 10.15.4 update. Update is fine I guess, but there is the install entry remaining, quite annoying

I guess I am not alone to had issue with last 10.15.4 update. Update is fine I guess, but there is the install entry remaining, quite annoying
same here, i'm trying to remove clover entry

I see we are several in this case. Obviously something happend with update 10.5.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back