Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

Looks like "pilot error" to me. Make sure you fully seat the AC adapter next time.

No, I mean that I don't want to plug the AC-adapter into the laptop and it's unplugged, but I see that the battery icon said it's plugged. And it happens only when left 2% of battery.

No, I mean that I don't want to plug the AC-adapter into the laptop and it's unplugged, but I see that the battery icon said it's plugged. And it happens only when left 2% of battery.

It is probably because momentarily, your DSDT reports a non-discharge state even when still running on battery. It is a bug in your DSDT. But really, it is all kind of silly... you should plug the laptop to AC power long before reaching 2%.

You can use the debug ACPIBatteryManager.kext for logs about what your DSDT (_BST method) is returning. Refer to the ACPI spec for information on DSDT battery methods.

I know that it is all kind of silly, but I think the laptop must to go sleep automatically before the battery reach 0%.

My DSDT reports that the laptop works from the battery, but when battery reach 2% then DSDT reports that it plugged the AC-adapter. It's strange..

I know that it is all kind of silly, but I think the laptop must to go sleep automatically before the battery reach 0%.

As far as I know that does not work on hacks. I don't know what is missing (maybe I'll look into it someday). You should shutdown or plug in your laptop before reaching that point.

My DSDT reports that the laptop works from the battery, but when battery reach 2% then DSDT reports that it plugged the AC-adapter. It's strange..

It sounds like a bug in your DSDT. I already gave you ideas on how to check into it.

RehabMan, did you test what your laptop would do if the battery level reach 2% or 1% ?

I'm certain it does the same thing as yours.

Hi could someone please patch my dsdt? I've been patching it for a long time but still can't make my battery indicator to work. I'll attach the original dsdt file, and please could someone have a time to look at it and help me :( Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    72.1 KB · Views: 105
Hi could someone please patch my dsdt? I've been patching it for a long time but still can't make my battery indicator to work. I'll attach the original dsdt file, and please could someone have a time to look at it and help me :( Many thanks in advance!

There is an existing patch in the reposotory "ASUS N55SL/VivoBook". Did you try it?

Yes I did try that

Back