Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

How to patch DSDT for working battery status

And Multiply ( LocalX, Buffer, LocalX)??

What about for a Store ( Add ( buffer , buffer) , LocalX)

Is the second buffer argument supposed to be a write?

The first two arguments to Add are reads. The third (optional) argument to Add is a write. In the example above, you're reading two buffers, adding them (whatever that does), and writing the result to LocalX). More information in the ACPI spec: http://www.acpi.info/spec.htm

And Multiply ( LocalX, Buffer, LocalX)??

It doesn't make much sense (multiply a local by a buffer), but in that code, Buffer is read. The result is written to the third param LocalX.

Last question : Can I call WECB on a 16 bit field? Or is only for fields larger than 32 bit. I've read the thread and other people's q's and a's, and most of their DSDT Tables don't even have an implementation for fields larger than 32 bit.

Last question : Can I call WECB on a 16 bit field? Or is only for fields larger than 32 bit.

Only for fields larger than 32-bit (buffer fields... the name stands for Write EC Buffer).

I've read the thread and other people's q's and a's, and most of their DSDT Tables don't even have an implementation for fields larger than 32 bit.

What do you mean "don't even have an implementation for fields larger than 32-bit"?

There are plenty of patches in the repo that use both RECB and WECB for fields larger than 32-bit.

Only for fields larger than 32-bit (buffer fields... the name stands for Write EC Buffer).

What do you mean "don't even have an implementation for fields larger than 32-bit"?

There are plenty of patches in the repo that use both RECB and WECB for fields larger than 32-bit.

I was not talking about patches. I was talking about posted dsdt tables on the thread alone. Anyways thank you.

I was not talking about patches. I was talking about posted dsdt tables on the thread alone. Anyways thank you.

There are plenty of DSDT tables with EC buffers.

For example, reads EC buffers:
Code:
ProBook-mavs:battery Admin$ grep -l RECB *.txt
battery_ASUS-G75vw.txt
battery_Acer-3820tg.txt
battery_Acer-Aspire-5737z.txt
battery_Acer-Aspire-E1-571.txt
battery_Dell-Vostro-15xx.txt
battery_HP-DM4T-1000.txt
battery_HP-DV6t-6b00.txt
battery_HP-Envy-14.txt
battery_HP-Envy-17t.txt
battery_HP-G62-B13SL.txt
battery_HP-Spectre-XT.txt
battery_Lenovo-X220.txt

And, writes EC buffers:
Code:
ProBook-mavs:battery Admin$ grep -l WECB *.txt
battery_ASUS-G75vw.txt
battery_Acer-Aspire-E1-571.txt
battery_Dell-Vostro-15xx.txt
battery_HP-Envy-14.txt
battery_HP-Envy-17t.txt
battery_HP-Spectre-XT.txt
battery_Lenovo-X220.txt

The existence of patches using RECB/WECB is proof there are DSDTs needing them.

Hi, Rehabman. I meet a problem recently.

I have updated the latest iasl version 20140627, but when I use it to disasemmble with this command "iasl -da DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml". Well, I can obtain all dsl files. But, when I use MaciASL open the DSDT.dsl, the tree view at left can't display the code structure completely, but when I explore the every line of the file, the code is complete actually.

Just like this screenshot:
iasl_MaciASL_Problem_1.png

But, for the same DSDT.dsl, DSDT Editor give the complete tree view:
iasl_MaciASL_Problem_2.png

I'm not sure this is the version 20140627 iasl's problem, or is MaciASL's problem.

(ps:The DSDT Editor's tree view is normal, but it's iasl version is 20120420, and MaciASL's is 20140627)

So, here is the DSDT.dsl which is obtained use the -da command:

Hope your help. :)

View attachment DSDT_MaciASL_Tree_View_Problem.zip

Hi, Rehabman. I meet a problem recently.

I have updated the latest iasl version 20140627, but when I use it to disasemmble with this command "iasl -da DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml". Well, I can obtain all dsl files. But, when I use MaciASL open the DSDT.dsl, the tree view at left can't display the code structure completely, but when I explore the every line of the file, the code is complete actually.

Just like this screenshot:
View attachment 98555

But, for the same DSDT.dsl, DSDT Editor give the complete tree view:
View attachment 98556

I'm not sure this is the version 20140627 iasl's problem, or is MaciASL's problem.

(ps:The DSDT Editor's tree view is normal, but it's iasl version is 20120420, and MaciASL's is 20140627)

So, here is the DSDT.dsl which is obtained use the -da command:

Hope your help. :)

View attachment 98557

Try with my latest iasl from this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...q501la-help-needed-post832904.html#post832904

Back