Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

it is also best to just perform renames in config.plist rather than renames in dsdt and ssdt's :)

@Feartech & @FreeJHack,

Thx for your help. It did point me into the right direction.

Patching STA to XSTA to be disabled like above was only half of the solution. In the end I still needed to apply:
ACPI Patch like Pilgrim suggested here: ACPI Patch on post #19.

Screenshot 2020-01-03 at 11.25.16.png

If I don't use ACPI Patch I get this ACPIBatteryManager warning (hang at boot, slow and non-responsive) :

IMG_6335.jpeg

Now, finally the battery status is showing up.

Appreciate your efforts !

Attachments

• IMG_6336.jpeg
    IMG_6336.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 113
Last edited:
@P1LGRIM and @Feartech,

Thx so much for your help !.

Seeing there is very little information on tonymacx86 about this patch, I would like to understand the purpose or intent of the ACPI patch. This patch (see here ACPI Patch) allowed me to boot and now my battery status is working. Without this patch I was not able to boot.

Hp ProBook G5 some one can help me whit the battery patch plz

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    129.2 KB · Views: 95
I need patch file for Lenov V310 Mac os Catalina

hi Rehabman I added 64bit register patches for my ideapad 320 into battery_Lenovo-Ideapad-Y700.txt
this worked perfectly and I double checked when I patch through MaciASL 60 patches 61 changes this is perfect worked
I already added into battery_Lenovo-Ideapad-Y700.txt please upload in your Laptop-DSDT-Patch-master under battery section
your sincerely
I Need You help for my laptop Same u bro

Hi! Can you help me with my laptop please? I tried a lot of times but I didn't manage to do it :banghead:
Thanks!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    59.8 KB · Views: 84
I'm not very good at this coding stuff (None of this wording in this article I know) lucky, I found a .txt file for my laptop. Do I just open it in MaciASL? Then do I save it as a patch file. I'm not sure how all this works. I am not a tech savvy person. Any help would be great.

I'm not very good at this coding stuff (None of this wording in this article I know) lucky, I found a .txt file for my laptop. Do I just open it in MaciASL? Then do I save it as a patch file. I'm not sure how all this works. I am not a tech savvy person. Any help would be great.
no, you open your extracted DSDT.DSL file, with macIASL, then load the patch into it

So the .txt file that I download from rehab man's repo. I open it wit macIASL and then what do I do from there?

So the .txt file that I download from rehab man's repo. I open it wit macIASL and then what do I do from there?
no, you open your DSDT.dsl file in macIASL then press the Patch button and copy and paste the contents of your text file in the Patch Text section, then you click apply

Back