Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

Battery is getting detected in System Report-->Power, but the battery percentage stays at zero. I tried the mutex patch, but still the percentage stays zero. Tried booting with all the DSDT fixes/patches disabled in clover config.plist and patching only the DSDT with battery patch but still no solution. In system report the battery charge remaining status keeps getting updated along with usage. It also detects when the power adapter is connected and the battery is getting charged or whether the battery is full, but the battery percentage stays at zero. I will greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.
Edit:- I am running Mojave 10.14.6. I updated from 10.14.5 last week from software updates.

Hey I had the same issue and I solved it by updating the BIOS... I could have sworn it was already updated but turns out it wasn't. Check that out.

Hey I had the same issue and I solved it by updating the BIOS... I could have sworn it was already updated but turns out it wasn't. Check that out.
Thanks for the reply but my BIOS is already up to date. It is the first thing I checked before installing Mojave.

Come on guys, I think I am close to fixing the battery status. I would welcome any other suggestions.

Last edited:
My EmbeddedControl only shows 8 bits, but the battery status shows that I am not charging.

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer-SLRID_v10.6.3.zip
    274 KB · Views: 141
  • Terminal Saved Output.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 145
  • EFI.zip
    37.2 MB · Views: 283
  • RehabMan.zip
    46.8 KB · Views: 187
Anonyone can help me?
I'm patch battery status using patch Asus vivobook sir rehabman
but when compiling the file parseop_zero and parseop_scope errors occur
sorry for my bad english
thanks

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    153.4 KB · Views: 166
  • DSDT.dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 134
I am using a DELL Inspiron 5370 which has a 38 Wh battery. Even though the laptop is only 9 months old, the Battery indicator shows Service Battery. I went through my DSDT, but I could not find any register that is over 8 bits. Hence, I am not sure if that requires patching.

I am attaching my PR files, @RehabMan , would you care to have a look?
did you get this figured out? I'm having this same issue

I successfully enabled battery indicator on the up right cornor. But I noticed it gradually destorying my battery, since every time I charged battery from 0% to 100%, the full battery capacity decreased by 32mAh(checked from system report). Now it has dropped from 4400mAh to 3872mAh. What can I do now?

Attachments

• DSDT_native.aml
    65.4 KB · Views: 178
  • DSDT.aml
    66.5 KB · Views: 205
Next we need to determine the offsets within the EC that these fields are placed. Keep in mind the sizes are in bits, but the offsets are in bytes. The offsets I have in the comments below are in hex. See if you can come up with the same numbers.

Code:
Field (ECOR, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
                    {
                        Offset (0xA0),
                        SBMX,128,//SBMN,128
                    }

Field (ECOR, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
                    {
                        Offset (0xA0),
                        SBDX,128,//SBDN,128
                    }
I have 0xA0 as Offset. Is something wrong here?

And also, the compiler shows this error
Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 21.25.13.png

in this line:
Name (_IRC, 0x00) // _IRC: Inrush Current

help please

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    445 KB · Views: 141
I try to start the edit for a new battery (chuwi aerobook), I save the DSDT and decompile, but when I open with MaciASL.
I start to edit and found only the first line with "EmbeddedControl" but after when the guide tell to search BDN0 I didn't find... I'm little confused.

I attach here the DSDT (both decompiled and to decompile)
Hi Yota79, were you able to get anywhere with this?

I have been using hackintoshes since snow leopard and have always been a fan. When I used El Capitan I faced this issue where there was no battery status. I fixed it by patching DSDT at that time. After long time I installed a fresh installation of macOS Mojave on a new drive and to my SURPRISE, it showed battery percentage in the status bar by default. I was so happy that I now don't have to patch DSDT/SSDTs. But to my disappointment, the next day when I booted the same macOS, there was no battery percentage. I tried a few things and then without wasting any time I started with DSDT patching.
1) I patched the HP Spectre XT patch as it solved all the 8-bit issues from DSDT (no errors).
2) I saved the patched file as ASL file and then renamed it to DSDT-Battery.aml.
3) I put this file in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED dir.
4) Install ACPIBatteryManager kext from rehbman downloads.

Now all I can see is 0% battery in the statusbar. I have tried everything and nothing works.
Can someone help me with this?

I have attached the details with this thread.

Hardware specifications:
Intel Core i5-4210U with Intel HD Graphics 4400 (1.7 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
12 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (8 + 4 GB)
NVIDIA GeForce 820M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)
500 GB 5400 rpm SATA

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 239
  • ioreg.zip
    460.5 KB · Views: 251
  • kextstat-output.zip
    917 bytes · Views: 208
  • RehabMan.zip
    49 KB · Views: 231
  • touchextensions-output.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 215
I have been using hackintoshes since snow leopard and have always been a fan. When I used El Capitan I faced this issue where there was no battery status. I fixed it by patching DSDT at that time. After long time I installed a fresh installation of macOS Mojave on a new drive and to my SURPRISE, it showed battery percentage in the status bar by default. I was so happy that I now don't have to patch DSDT/SSDTs. But to my disappointment, the next day when I booted the same macOS, there was no battery percentage. I tried a few things and then without wasting any time I started with DSDT patching.
1) I patched the HP Spectre XT patch as it solved all the 8-bit issues from DSDT (no errors).
2) I saved the patched file as ASL file and then renamed it to DSDT-Battery.aml.
3) I put this file in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED dir.
4) Install ACPIBatteryManager kext from rehbman downloads.

Now all I can see is 0% battery in the statusbar. I have tried everything and nothing works.
Can someone help me with this?

I have attached the details with this thread.

Hardware specifications:
Intel Core i5-4210U with Intel HD Graphics 4400 (1.7 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
12 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (8 + 4 GB)
NVIDIA GeForce 820M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)
500 GB 5400 rpm SATA

Thanks in advance.
Have you tried a hard reset by holding the power button for 20 or so seconds with power etc disconnected? corruption can occur and stop a working patch. Also try naming it DSDT.aml.

Back