Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

I'm attaching the results of battery and ACPI debug. It is from charging from low battery to full and then work on battery only to about 50% left. Interesting that when battery icon showed full charged, battery indicator on laptop showed that battery was still charging for about 20 minutes. But I can't interpret the numbers, I see that numbers go up and then down, but that's all.

Attachments

• Drebuls1217.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 275
Successfully patched on Samsung NP300E5K-XF3BR. Battery status working.

Many thanks to RehabMan for the guide and for helping me a lot with this.

Contributing to anyone who need it

Attachments

• NATIVE DSDT.dsl
    449.1 KB · Views: 376
  • NP300E5K-XF3BR Battery Patch.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 212
Successfully patched on Samsung NP300E5K-XF3BR. Battery status working.

Many thanks to RehabMan for the guide and for helping me a lot with this.

Contributing to anyone who need it

Thanks. Added to the repo as "Samsung NP300E5K"

Hi, RehabMan.These is a patch for Lenovo E540.

Attachments

• battery_Lenovo-E540.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 418
  • DSDT-origin.dsl
    580.2 KB · Views: 243
  • DSDT-patched.dsl
    581.7 KB · Views: 386
Hello, Rehabman!
I tried to create a patch for MSI GE70 2OE laptop. Original DSDT and patch text are attached. Could you please check if it is correct?
I'm not sure because my battery still shows incorrect charge cycles (240-340 of 300(!), depending on laptop usage), age of 36 years and capacity of 47%, despite of it's good condition showed in Windows.

EDIT: I'm using Fruitjuice for battery stats. Battery life is okay, average 2 hours and 20 minutes, same as in Windows. The only thing annoying is an exclamation mark telling to replace the battery.

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    482.4 KB · Views: 280
  • MSI GE70 2OE.txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 312
Hello, Rehabman!
I tried to create a patch for MSI GE70 2OE laptop. Original DSDT and patch text are attached. Could you please check if it is correct?
I'm not sure because my battery still shows incorrect charge cycles (240-340 of 300(!), depending on laptop usage), age of 36 years and capacity of 47%, despite of it's good condition showed in Windows.

EDIT: I'm using Fruitjuice for battery stats. Battery life is okay, average 2 hours and 20 minutes, same as in Windows. The only thing annoying is an exclamation mark telling to replace the battery.

The patches look ok.
Cycles are estimated based on difference between Design Capacity and Max Capacity.

Yes, and it looks like Design Capacity (4400mah against real 3000mah) is incorrect, as is the Manufacture date (30 Nov 1979 against real early 2014) - my laptop is not that ancient :) Is there any way to fix this data?

So, if the patches are ok - are they worth to be added to your repo? :)

Back