Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

How to patch DSDT for working battery status

I have a i5-3210m proccessor, do i have to patch it? Or just use your ACPIBatteryManager.kext?

CPU has nothing to do with battery status.

Hi,Rehabman.

I have translated this thread at Chinese forum and published a repo. It's my first time to publish a repo. Maybe there are some problem. If could, I hope your suggestions. :)

So, here it is.

Name: 派奇/Patch
URL: http://raw.github.com/Yuki-Judai/dxxs-DSDT-Patch/master

And I also need your help. I meet a problem when I made patches. It is a special DSDT I think. I made a patch but it doesn't work. So, I want your help please.
Here is the DSDT and the patch.
View attachment SONY_SVF_15327_Battery_Help.zip

I have an Asus n53sv laptop. I started my own patch and then relized that many of the parameters in the EmbeddedControl are the same as the N55Sl patch located in your database. I tried to apply the N55SL patch to my dsdt and for some reason it generates the method calls but doesnt generate the actual methods such as B1B2 etc.. Therefore I get errors indicating Object does not exist. Why isnt the patch generating these methods in my dsdt?

I have an Asus n53sv laptop. I started my own patch and then relized that many of the parameters in the EmbeddedControl are the same as the N55Sl patch located in your database. I tried to apply the N55SL patch to my dsdt and for some reason it generates the method calls but doesnt generate the actual methods such as B1B2 etc.. Therefore I get errors indicating Object does not exist. Why isnt the patch generating these methods in my dsdt?

Unless you post your DSDT, no idea.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    71.7 KB · Views: 93

Are you using MaciASL?

yup,

my comprehensive list looks like:

TAH0, 16
TAH1, 16
B0SN, 16
B1SN, 16
BDAT, 256
BDA2, 256

MaciASL version 1.3(246)
ACPI 5.0
Current Complier:

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimization Compiler Version 20130725-64

Its a pre-edited DSDT, I took my original and patched it for nvidia optimus disable. Other than that I haven't made any other modifications. My BIOS is patched for native appleintelcpumanagement...not sure if that has anything to do with this though. The app that I'm using was downloaded from the web, didn't compile it myself

MaciASL version 1.3(246)
ACPI 5.0
Current Complier:

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimization Compiler Version 20130725-64

Its a pre-edited DSDT, I took my original and patched it for nvidia optimus disable. Other than that I haven't made any other modifications. My BIOS is patched for native appleintelcpumanagement...not sure if that has anything to do with this though.

No issues using the N55SL patch on the DSDT you previously uploaded...

Back