CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950m 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
I tried that method. didn't work. I found the problem and fixed it.First I dragged and dropped dsdt to desktop and tried compiling first, then placing back into origin folder.THAT DID NOT WORK!!!I Received the PARSEOP_SUBTRACT error. So I went back to @RehabMan dsdt guide and READ it CAREFULLY. I couldn't find the exact location of the files, so I went to EFI/Clover/Acpi/origin there was an option to copy location in finder. copied the EXACT location and pasted into terminal.After extracting using iasl and -da command, the dsdt.dsl file was extracted correctly with all the other ssdt files in the acpi/origin folder. I patched dsdt using @RehabMan laptop source in MaciAsl. SUCCESS! thanks @RehabMan I know to read your guides as carefully as possible. Now my question to you @Feartech, am I supposed to patch all the .dsl files that iasl outputs? the ssdt-x2_0-Aplst.dsl file and the others that were extracted when I originally extracted that the dsdt? I see some other .dsl files that contain CpuPM which I assume is cpu power management. do I patch these files too? thanks for your reply too
no, you would probably only need to patch your DSDT to sort out your battery

Motherboard
HP Omen 17-an011na
CPU
i7-7700HQ/HM175
Graphics
GTX 1050, HD 630
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
I tried that method. didn't work. I found the problem and fixed it.First I dragged and dropped dsdt to desktop and tried compiling first, then placing back into origin folder.THAT DID NOT WORK!!!I Received the PARSEOP_SUBTRACT error. So I went back to @RehabMan dsdt guide and READ it CAREFULLY. I couldn't find the exact location of the files, so I went to EFI/Clover/Acpi/origin there was an option to copy location in finder. copied the EXACT location and pasted into terminal.After extracting using iasl and -da command, the dsdt.dsl file was extracted correctly with all the other ssdt files in the acpi/origin folder. I patched dsdt using @RehabMan laptop source in MaciAsl. SUCCESS! thanks @RehabMan I know to read your guides as carefully as possible. Now my question to you @Feartech, am I supposed to patch all the .dsl files that iasl outputs? the ssdt-x2_0-Aplst.dsl file and the others that were extracted when I originally extracted that the dsdt? I see some other .dsl files that contain CpuPM which I assume is cpu power management. do I patch these files too? thanks for your reply too
You can drag and drop the origin folder to terminal and it will have the correct path to the files. I personally copy my origin folder to my desktop and work from there as to not change anything in the origin folder on the EFI partition.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K OC 5GHz
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti & UHD 630
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
what about patching just for OVERALL stability and compatibility? should I patch those others?
or should I just patch dsdt? everything works. I just want to make sure that the power management for cpu ram etc is correctly patched. is that taken care of with the patched dsdt?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K OC 5GHz
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti & UHD 630
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
also @Feartech do you know what I would have to do to patch the usb? so that the eject errors don't happen from sleep?

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
also @Feartech do you know what I would have to do to patch the usb? so that the eject errors don't happen from sleep?
off topic, this thread is for battery status

Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Apple, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, Thank you very much @RehabMan for this guide and for all your work. I have a HP Pavilion DV6-1380ek, that Yosemite is installed on, and i've just tried many attempts to understands the guide you've made. For sure, i did some fails, all this week, but, i've got it to work, how?

- I've read this guide many times, but the code in my DSDT, didn't helped me, to figure out, how i can fix the battery issue. And i come across with the battery_HP-DV6-3165sf.txt patch from your github repository, after reading some others, and this just to find some code in the patches that is equivalent to the one in my DSDT. Because this will help me, understanding more this guide, and this is what happened. The patch file said earlier, have some exact code in my DSDT and not all, and i added some of the patches from this guide, applied both patches, and bingo. After the reboot, the battery is fully recognised, awesome your work.

Because we're not familiar at 100% with ACPI code, understanding will be a challenge, because it's difficult. Awesomely, guy's like you, that did these big solutions and work here and there, makes our life easiest. I'd like to be like you coders, but unfortunately it'll be difficult, but on the other side, i do contributions by my work somewhere, with a little knowledge that i have because of my experience with Hackintosh, it's a little, but it keeps me filling good, because i do something, as it's a part of my hobbies "hackintosh" since 2008.

Thanks again @RehabMan for your beautiful made work.

Here's the patch that works on my HP Pavilion DV6-1380ek, it's constructed from the patches used in this guide, and some others from the battery_HP-DV6-3165sf.txt patch from your repository on GitHub.

This post was edited by me, because i've fixed the battery problem with the help of this guide and the patch file from the repository.

Cordially, ammoune78
Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Hey guys. My battery status not working (no indicator). Please help me.
no evidence of ACPIBatteryManager.kext in your kextcache output:
Code:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc89da9b0c0 [0x7fffa009f8f0]> { URL = "ACPIDebug.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.ACPIDebug" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc89da4bdc0 [0x7fffa009f8f0]> { URL = "AppleBacklightInjector.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.AppleBacklightInjector" }
KernelCache ID: ED482FD015C0ED79453BC80F2C310057
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc632a48400 [0x7fffa009f8f0]> { URL = "AppleBacklightInjector.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.AppleBacklightInjector" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc632a91bd0 [0x7fffa009f8f0]> { URL = "ACPIDebug.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.ACPIDebug" }
best you read this on how to install your kexts:

Motherboard
Acer Swift 3 (SF314-54G)
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD620 + GeForce MX150
no evidence of ACPIBatteryManager.kext in your kextcache output:
Code:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc89da9b0c0 [0x7fffa009f8f0]> { URL = "ACPIDebug.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.ACPIDebug" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc89da4bdc0 [0x7fffa009f8f0]> { URL = "AppleBacklightInjector.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.AppleBacklightInjector" }
KernelCache ID: ED482FD015C0ED79453BC80F2C310057
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc632a48400 [0x7fffa009f8f0]> { URL = "AppleBacklightInjector.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.AppleBacklightInjector" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc632a91bd0 [0x7fffa009f8f0]> { URL = "ACPIDebug.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.ACPIDebug" }
best you read this on how to install your kexts:
Thanks for the quick response. Please check again.

Attachments