Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

Wrong patch for your DSDT.
You should use "HP G6 2221ss"

Using that patch solves the issue of the slow boot and ACPI Errors, however now the battery monitor is not showing the current percentage value/if plugged in or not. To refresh the battery info I need to turn off 'Show Percentage' and turn it back on. The value stays on the same percentage otherwise.

Ill attach the newly patched DSDT with the HP G6 221ss.

Another test I did was to use the HP DV6-3165sf patch, boot with the installer USB instead of Clover on the hard drive. Battery indicator was fully functional and there were no ACPI errors; would this potentially mean it was a config or kext issue?

Would any of my SSDT's contain any additional battery info?

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    182.7 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Using that patch solves the issue of the slow boot and ACPI Errors, however now the battery monitor is not showing the current percentage value/if plugged in or not. To refresh the battery info I need to turn off 'Show Percentage' and turn it back on. The value stays on the same percentage otherwise.

Ill attach the newly patched DSDT with the HP G6 221ss.

Another test I did was to use the HP DV6-3165sf patch, boot with the installer USB instead of Clover on the hard drive. Battery indicator was fully functional and there were no ACPI errors; would this potentially mean it was a config or kext issue?

Would any of my SSDT's contain any additional battery info?

Any other ideas?

Thanks

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_9372.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Hello, i already patch my DSDT using asus G752 patch at your repo.
the battery icon and percentage looks normal, but when battery already 100% and still plugged, after i reboot the battery icon wont show.
and i have other problem with wake. my laptop sleep looks fine (power indicator blinking and disk indicator off) when on battery, but when i try to wake my laptop, it reboot and go to clover UEFI. if i sleep or shutdown when charger is plugged in, my laptop just reboot. already patch _WAK at your repo
here is my files

Attachments

• ASUS G750.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 78
Hello, i already patch my DSDT using asus G752 patch at your repo.
the battery icon and percentage looks normal, but when battery already 100% and still plugged, after i reboot the battery icon wont show.
and i have other problem with wake. my laptop sleep looks fine (power indicator blinking and disk indicator off) when on battery, but when i try to wake my laptop, it reboot and go to clover UEFI. if i sleep or shutdown when charger is plugged in, my laptop just reboot. already patch _WAK at your repo
here is my files

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (you forgot to press F2 and F4).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

ACPI still not patched correctly.
The only patched SSDT you need in ACPI/patched is SSDT-8.aml (_OFF patched to remove EC references [that code moves to _REG in DSDT], _INI patched to call _OFF).

Attachments

• Asus G750.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 57
Back