Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

If you apply an "OS Check Fix" patch via static patching (MaciASL), then you have no need for _OSI->XOSI patch+SSDT.
Yes, I applied it to DSDT only. I guess it doesn't need to be applied to any SSDT files.

Now, could you check my PR files and tell me why battery is not working? I already placed SSDT-EC.aml to patched folder and disabled EC0 rename from config file. Or Should I disable XOSI patch from config file first then recreate PR (problem reporting) files?

Thanks.

Yes, I applied it to DSDT only. I guess it doesn't need to be applied to any SSDT files.

Now, could you check my PR files and tell me why battery is not working? I already placed SSDT-EC.aml to patched folder and disabled EC0 rename from config file. Or Should I disable XOSI patch from config file first then recreate PR (problem reporting) files?

Thanks.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

There you go.

What was the problem? After 10.12.6 the previous battery red bar issue disappeared even with the EC0 rename. Now EC0 rename replaced with SSDT-EC.aml. Battery warnings though, completely gone, below 20% nope, 15% nope, 5% nope... Also there is 5% reading error, when charged 95%, battery indicator led turns green which means battery full.

Thanks

Attachments

• AE's Problem Reporting for battery issue after update with EC replaced with SSDT-EC 2.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 76
There you go.

What was the problem? After 10.12.6 the previous battery red bar issue disappeared even with the EC0 rename. Now EC0 rename replaced with SSDT-EC.aml. Battery warnings though, completely gone, below 20% nope, 15% nope, 5% nope... Also there is 5% reading error, when charged 95%, battery indicator led turns green which means battery full.

Thanks

ACPI/origin files are too old to compare against ACPI/patched (they are from April 10,2017!).
Read "Problem Reporting" carefully.

ACPI/origin files are too old to compare against ACPI/patched (they are from April 10,2017!).
Patched files:
Recently updated files are DSDT.aml and SSDT-10.aml Aug 13. SSDT-PNLF.aml is the only file from April 12 which was your file, I got it with terminal commands as guide suggested.

Newest file is from yesterday, SSDT-EC.aml.

Please recheck the next message for origin files.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Origin files? It's a working system from 10.12.4. Why would I renew original files? Do you expect me to renew them regularly and do all patches and fixes over and over again?

Besides, there is not a single line that tells origin files needs to be up to date or anything like that.

Keep in mind that even changes you make to your own system will require re-extract, re-patch.

If any of the following is changed, you must re-extract, re-patch, as these changes may cause significant changes to the native ACPI (especially SystemMemory regions):
- updating BIOS
- changing any BIOS option
- changing hardware or memory configuration

None of them happened.

Last edited:
Origin files? It's a working system from 10.12.4. Why would I renew original files? Do you expect me to renew them regularly and do all patches and fixes over and over again?

Besides, there is not a single line that tells origin files needs to be up to date or anything like that.

As per "Problem Reporting" you must provide up-to-date ACPI/origin ("Problem Reporting" clearly requests that you press F4 before collecting EFI/Clover).
Please read it carefully.

As per "Problem Reporting" you must provide up-to-date ACPI/origin ("Problem Reporting" clearly requests that you press F4 before collecting EFI/Clover).
Please read it carefully.
You are helping me since April. There wasn't any issue untill today. Besides, as I said, it's a working system and I have things to do like work to maintain my life, so I spare some time for hackintoshing when I have free time, that's why it took that much.

On top of that, what difference does it make since I haven't updated BIOS, not changed any BIOS option, clearly not changed hardware nor memory configuration? They are 3 months old or not, they are the same files. Even if I re-extract them now, they will be same, right?

So, why are we arguing this?

You are helping me since April. There wasn't any issue untill today. Besides, as I said, it's a working system and I have things to do like work to maintain my life, so I spare some time for hackintoshing when I have free time, that's why it took that much.

On top of that, what difference does it make since I haven't updated BIOS, not changed any BIOS option, clearly not changed hardware nor memory configuration? They are 3 months old or not, they are the same files. Even if I re-extract them now, they will be same, right?

So, why are we arguing this?

I don't know why you won't press F4 before collecting EFI/Clover as per "Problem Reporting".
I won't waste my time comparing old files.
As they say... "my way... or the highway".

I don't know why you won't press F4 before collecting EFI/Clover as per "Problem Reporting".
I won't waste my time comparing old files.
As they say... "my way... or the highway".
There you go. New ACPI files.

Issues:
- EC0 rename replaced with SSDT-EC.aml file. Is it working?
- Battery warnings -that are caused by EC0 rename- are gone with the 10.12.6 update but they all gone, even under 20%.
- XOSI rename disabled as OS Check Fix already applied to DSDT.
- There is 5% reading error, when charged 95%, battery indicator led turns green which means battery full.

Thanks.

Attachments

• AE's Problem Reporting for battery issue after update with EC replaced with SSDT-EC new origin.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 86
Back