Contribute
Register

Guide How to Patch AMD Framebuffers for High Sierra using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes sure.
Thank you

No rom file or IOReg but from first look of your config.plist it really is some mess not to offend. But you might wanna clean it up a bit. Also the guide states iGPU must be enable and set as primary or booting full UEFI mode which renders sleep useless. Noticed you aren't injecting any intel graphics. Assuming you are using the system in your signature that is, UEFI mode may not be possible. Now when using the MacPro 6,1 SMBIOS you have to either use Pike's board-id to board-ix patch or rename GFX0 to GFX1 in DSDT or SSDT depending on where it resides or you will have black screens. Additionally you have to patch the whole framebuffer and not just one port of it so your find and replace section in the kexttopatch is missing a quite a bit of data and is likely not patching on the fly for you. Without the rest of the require problem reporting files this is the best I can do for you.

No rom file or IOReg but from first look of your config.plist it really is some mess not to offend. But you might wanna clean it up a bit. Also the guide states iGPU must be enable and set as primary or booting full UEFI mode which renders sleep useless. Noticed you aren't injecting any intel graphics. Assuming you are using the system in your signature that is, UEFI mode may not be possible. Now when using the MacPro 6,1 SMBIOS you have to either use Pike's board-id to board-ix patch or rename GFX0 to GFX1 in DSDT or SSDT depending on where it resides or you will have black screens. Additionally you have to patch the whole framebuffer and not just one port of it so your find and replace section in the kexttopatch is missing a quite a bit of data and is likely not patching on the fly for you. Without the rest of the require problem reporting files this is the best I can do for you.
Thank you!
I really appreciate it.

My config.plist is really a mess, to be honest this was the auto setup that worked for me and left it as it is.
I will definitely clean it up and try again.

I will try to inject iGPU as well, but I have strong doubts if it's gonna work since this is an old one (Intel HD 2000).

What do you mean UEFI may not be possible?
Should I re-install Clover using Legacy mode instead of UEFI?

I will apply all of your suggestions and will come back with some feedback.

This worked for me. After updating to High Sierra, whatevergreen + lilu stopped working and I got black screen. Then I tried booting with my usb (legacy boot + whatevergreen + lilu) and it worked for some reason.

This worked for me. After updating to High Sierra, whatevergreen + lilu stopped working and I got black screen. Then I tried booting with my usb (legacy boot + whatevergreen + lilu) and it worked for some reason.

The real issue with WhateverGreen and lilu is the recommendation of CSM disabling on 5/6 series systems. Besides it is really a workaround. Not a very vanilla approach. Kinda like the old ATYInjector.kext we used to use. The actual problem lies with a few things as Slice said
Incorrect BAR2 BAR5 registers in PC brand AMD cards VBIOS for macOS initializing.
Mismatched framebuffer connectors in macOS AMDXXXXController.kext if we set injectATI=false the Apple calculates connectors and is often wrong
Very poor AMDX4000GLDriver.Bundle for Hack.

Thank you!
I really appreciate it.

My config.plist is really a mess, to be honest this was the auto setup that worked for me and left it as it is.
I will definitely clean it up and try again.

I will try to inject iGPU as well, but I have strong doubts if it's gonna work since this is an old one (Intel HD 2000).

What do you mean UEFI may not be possible?

I will apply all of your suggestions and will come back with some feedback.

Full UEFI mode means booting with CSM disabled in UEFI/bios settings not a clover thing really. If your system has UEFI/bios then it should have CSM

Is it possible to use the EFI partition, install clover there, and boot from the EFI partition (pressing F12 when starting up). Would that work? If so, how do I install Clover there? I have been researching but still not quite understanding.
Do I choose Install Clover in ESP, mount after, and copy all me files over, then reboot choosing the EFI partition?

Is it possible to use the EFI partition, install clover there, and boot from the EFI partition (pressing F12 when starting up). Would that work? If so, how do I install Clover there? I have been researching but still not quite understanding.
Do I choose Install Clover in ESP, mount after, and copy all me files over, then reboot choosing the EFI partition?

Firstly this subject is off topic really, with that said. I don't think that X58 systems have the ability to boot in full UEFI mode (CSM disabled) mainly because there is not UEFI support on that system only legacy BIOS. Note not 100% certain as I don't have that hardware. Although UEFI support was added in some late 6 series boards and early 7 series boards and later. Now to answer the question. To install clover in the EFI system partition simply check install to ESP in the clover installer package, but keep in mind this will not give your motherboard UEFI support. This will just allow you to make some kind of use of the EFI partition that was made when the disk was formatted with disk utility. Your best bet for getting this system going would be to try adding Mieze's DSDT changes that correct the BAR2 and BAR5 address registers. However even this may or may not work for you, but it is worth a try. See here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/328549-tracing-back-the-amd-gpu-wakeup-issue-to-its-origin/

Hi carpenteryplus25,
Do you think you might be able to help me from my post here? Thank you in advance.
I would be glad to help you but I need you to update you profile to contain your system specs as per the rules, see here https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

• Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Then I will need the problem reporting files the guide mentions

I would be glad to help you but I need you to update you profile to contain your system specs as per the rules, see here https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

Then I will need the problem reporting files the guide mentions

Sorry, I have updated build signature. And just in case it didn’t update.

CPU: i5 4460
MB: Asus z97m-plus
GPU: diamond radeon 7850

I’m not sure if you just wanted the rom file, but I have also attached both radeon & redsock BIOS codes. I also found the original vBIOS from techpowerup database that is exactly for my GPU. Please let me know if I need to upload anything else. Thanks.

Code:
ATOM BIOS Rom:
    SubsystemVendorID: 0x1787 SubsystemID: 0x2320
    IOBaseAddress: 0x0000
    Filename: C40304A1.005
    BIOS Bootup Message:
D2307JBA.HH2 860E/1200M 2GB 256BIT                                 

PCI ID: 1002:6819
Connector at index 0
    Type [@offset 44804]: DisplayPort (10)
    Encoder [@offset 44808]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY2 (0x21)
    i2cid [@offset 44914]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1
    HotPlugID: 4
Connector at index 1
    Type [@offset 44814]: DisplayPort (10)
    Encoder [@offset 44818]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY2 (0x21)
    i2cid [@offset 44941]: 0x91, OSX senseid: 0x2
    HotPlugID: 5
Connector at index 2
    Type [@offset 44824]: HDMI-A (11)
    Encoder [@offset 44828]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY1 (0x20)
    i2cid [@offset 44968]: 0x92, OSX senseid: 0x3
    HotPlugID: 1
Connector at index 3
    Type [@offset 44834]: DVI-I (2)
    Encoder [@offset 44838]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY (0x1e)
    i2cid [@offset 45005]: 0x95, OSX senseid: 0x6
    HotPlugID: 6
Connector at index 4
    Type [@offset 44844]: DVI-I (2)
    Encoder [@offset 44848]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)
    i2cid [@offset 45005]: 0x95, OSX senseid: 0x6
    HotPlugID: 6

Code:
C40304A1.005:

D2307JBA.HH2 860E/1200M 2GB 256BIT                                 

Subsystem Vendor ID: 1787
       Subsystem ID: 2320
Object Header Structure Size: 360
Connector Object Table Offset: 48
Router Object Table Offset: 0
Encoder Object Table Offset: fd
Display Path Table Offset: 12
Connector Object Id [19] which is [DISPLAY_PORT]
    encoder obj id [0x21] which is [INTERNAL_UNIPHY2 (osx txmit 0x12 [duallink 0x2] enc 0x4)] linkb: false
Connector Object Id [19] which is [DISPLAY_PORT]
    encoder obj id [0x21] which is [INTERNAL_UNIPHY2 (osx txmit 0x22 [duallink 0x2] enc 0x5)] linkb: true
Connector Object Id [12] which is [HDMI_TYPE_A]
    encoder obj id [0x20] which is [INTERNAL_UNIPHY1 (osx txmit 0x11 [duallink 0x1] enc 0x2)] linkb: false
Connector Object Id [2] which is [DVI_I]
    encoder obj id [0x1e] which is [INTERNAL_UNIPHY (osx txmit 0x10 [duallink 0x0] enc 0x0)] linkb: false
Connector Object Id [2] which is [DVI_I]
    encoder obj id [0x15] which is [INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (osx txmit 0x00 enc 0x10?)] linkb: false

Attachments

• 1002_6819_23201787.rom.zip
    40.5 KB · Views: 215
  • ATI.HD7850.2048.120208.rom.zip
    41.3 KB · Views: 240
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back