1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
My name is Enrys and today i want to make a guide for anyone who have one "old" AMD GPU like R7 Series (r7 250 etc) or even HD Series (HD 7750 etc).
I wanted to make this guide because i try to find a method online but nothing.
In my case i have a r7 250 3GB ddr3 from Sapphire.
The method is simple, all you need to do is to put in your Hackintosh bootable usb kext folder the lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext (you can find this kext on tonymacx86.com download kext section so is all safe)

lilu.kext
https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/lilu.355/download?version=176

whatevergreen.kext
https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/whatevergreen.357/download?version=178

now you put this two kext in the Hackintosh bootable usb.
To do this you need to have Clover Configurator and a Mac or a Mac in a Virtual Machine to open the .dmg (you can find this .dmg on mackie100projects.altervista.org so is all safe)

Clover Configurator
http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-mac.php?version=classic

now open the CCC.zip by double left clicking and open Clover Configurator by single right clicking and single left clicking on the open sign that appears in the little menu when you click with the right mouse button.
now go to Mount EFI on the left menu and single click it whit the left mouse button.
now identify your bootable Hackintosh usb installer (normally is called Install macOS High Sierra [or the name of your Hackintosh version])
now click on Mount Partition by single clicking with left mouse button, now click on Open Partition by single clicking with right mouse button.
now double left click on EFI, double left click on Clover, double left click on kexts, double left click on Other.
now open the folder where you downloaded lilu.zip and whatevergreen.zip and double left click on them. now drag lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext in the Other folder by cheep left clicking on them and release the left button when you are on the Other folder.
now duble click on the left arrow up left in the Other folder and single right click on the config.plist file, now go on the Open With and choose Other... now scroll down with the mouse scroll wheel until you see TextEdit, now single left click on TextEdit and single left click on Open.
now scroll down until you see this part of text:

</dict>
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>

now write: -lilubetaall radpg=15
after all your strings
G4xEIEf.png

now single left click on the up left red dot and single left click on OK.

congrats, your bootable usb now support your graphics card and you can do the install of your Hackintosh whit out any bug or glitch caused by your GPU!

Hi enrysnemeth,
Thanks for sharing! Do you think it also works for Radeon R7 integrated graphics within some AMD APUs (e.g. A10-9700)?
Penny

Hi enrysnemeth,
Thanks for sharing! Do you think it also works for Radeon R7 integrated graphics within some AMD APUs (e.g. A10-9700)?
Penny
i think the only way to find out is to try.. but honestly i think yes.. this method works with 99% of amd graphics but i only tested this with my r7 250 from sapphire the 3gb ddr3 version

I followed all the instructions however when I try to install it gets stuck at the install screen. It shows my card under the clover options. Any suggestions ?

@Joef88, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I have updated that information, thanks any suggestions would
Be greatly appreciated.

I followed all the instructions however when I try to install it gets stuck at the install screen. It shows my card under the clover options. Any suggestions ?
sorry for the late response... from my experience i can onlòy tell you that you can have somthing wrong with your usb installer for your Hackintosh... the best thing to do is to follow some guide online and use the clover method not the unibeast one... couse with unibeast i NEVER get an hackintosh working.. but with clover yes, let us know if this method helped, the boot problem is a shi*... the reasons that this happend are like 1874390375906198347128906412884 millions... so idk... try some guide or idk what you can do honestly...

I try this solution i dont get any sucess i am sending u my efi folder kindly check and Hackintosh is ruuning in my system.I want to run amd radeon r7 445 dedicated graphic card with intel 620 hd.
Kindly check that.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    30.9 MB · Views: 831
I try this solution i dont get any sucess i am sending u my efi folder kindly check and Hackintosh is ruuning in my system.I want to run amd radeon r7 445 dedicated graphic card with intel 620 hd.
Kindly check that.
Desktop Only

What About Laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back