2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
IORegistryExplorer aka IOReg
Apple Developer Tool
Xcode

How to Make a Copy of IOReg (Note 1)
1. IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As…. (no extension required)
2. Open file to verify (Note 2)
3. Attach to post (Note 3)

Where To Get IOReg
1. Download Interim, link below

Installation
1, Open Downloads/IORegistryExplorer-SLRID_v10.6.3
2. Drag IORegistryExplorer to Applications

Notes
1. An IOReg.txt is not useful. It is not a "Copy of IOReg." Do not attach .txt files.
2. IOReg must open the file. If TextEdit opens, See Note 1.
2. If the web site will not accept the file, compress it (Finder/Compress ... )

Interim (IORegistryExplorer.app_v3+ is broken; it can't open files it creates)
IORegistryExplorer.app_v2.1; extracted from the Snow Leopard Retail Install Disc_v10.6.3
1. Download
IORegistryExplorer-SLRID_v10.6.3.zip

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer-SLRID_v10.6.3.zip
    254.5 KB · Views: 78,612
Are the IOReg files extracted with DSDTSE just as legitimate as those extracted through the application itself? All the IOReg files I extract with the IOReg application are corrupt. (I assume this because I have v3.0). Is it a good idea to downgrade to the SL version, or should I just continue extracting with DSDTSE?

sonicseamus said:
Are the IOReg files extracted with DSDTSE just as legitimate as those extracted through the application itself? All the IOReg files I extract with the IOReg application are corrupt. (I assume this because I have v3.0). Is it a good idea to downgrade to the SL version, or should I just continue extracting with DSDTSE?
Since you have DSDTSE, use it. DSDTSE/IOReg is legitimate.

Thanks.

Just found this issue this morning, I can't run IORegistryExplorer 3.0 on my ML Hackintosh.

IORegistryExplorer aka IOReg
Apple Developer Tool
Xcode

How to Make a Copy of IOReg (Note 1)
1. IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As…. (no extension required)
2. Open file to verify (Note 2)
3. Attach to post (Note 3)

Have one question here, better to save this copy of ioreg without any DSDT modification, right?

Have one question here, better to save this copy of ioreg without any DSDT modification, right?
I missed your previous post. Download IOReg_v2.1 from the 1st post.

A baseline is always a good idea. When something isn't working right, make another copy of IOReg with the problem for troubleshooting.

Thanks for your help Toleda. I ran into issues with IORegistryExplorer. Tried both Hardware IO Tools for Xcode from July (ML) and February (Lion) 2012 but both exported corrupted files. July ones keep crashing too, only manage to open it once. Found DSDTSE (v1.4.3) and and managed to export the IOReg but the IORegistryExplorer is of version 2, will that be good enough?

Found DSDTSE (v1.4.3) and and managed to export the IOReg but the IORegistryExplorer is of version 2, will that be good enough?
Yes. FYI, Version 2.1 is attached in the first post of this thread.

thanks, mate. I was under the impression that different version works better for different OS X. Version 2.1 works like a charm

I just realized this post is in the wrong thread :p I can't figure out how to delete it though ..., in any case

As far as proper copies of IOReg go, I tried the download at developer.apple.com and that would crash, or live-lock on launch. The one from the 1st post works just fine though.

I went ahead and re-ran MultiBeast 5.0.2 with the settings from my first post as your requested toleda, but audio still does not work.
Here's a link a newly made .ioreg file: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6128870/Rnd/Ajio2.ioreg

Let me know what else I can do to help, and as always, thank you so much, you're awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back