Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no audio and I am new to all of this, but I've followed the steps and attached the file in a ZIP file. View attachment 48101
For an audio problem, post in the Audio Forum. Regarding your system, the wrong AppleHDA.kext is installed. Run MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC898.

That worked. Thank you!

IO reg crashes or hangs on launch for me on 10.8.3 with Xcode 4.6.1 and IO hardware tools for 4.4.

I recently updated to 10.8.5 via software update. Without doing any other modifications, I was able to restart without any KP, but audio didn't work. So I updated to ALC898 version 2.4.7 using Multibeast 5.5. Now, audio runs find for about 30 minutes, then starts to get progressively more and more grainy. If I stop playing sound for a while, then start playing sound again, the noise goes away, then come back again intermittently. Console does not display any sound assertion errors.

Attached here are the requested troubleshoot files. Please see my signature for system description.

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    2.6 MB · Views: 338
ioregistry not working in Mavericks?
It opens the application but
i have a spinning ball every two seconds why?
Tried different versions all the same problem...
IOJones work ok ...it is the same as ioreg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back