Contribute
Register

Guide: How to install Bluetooth driver in the Windows 10 (BCM943602CS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I had a lot of problems to find working drivers for my Bluetooth card (together with PCIe adapter), so I decided to share the solution.

Here is the Adapter that I used, but I guess people with other adapters may encounter a similar problem.
ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express PCI-E Combo
s-l1600.jpg

By reading an old post on the ****** I found the solution (Thx MysticalOS from ******). The problem is that sometimes the vendor ID on the Bluetooth is Broadcom and sometimes it's apple and even valid drivers may not work simply because vendor ID doesn't match even if hardware actually is a match. The solution is simply manually to install the drivers.

Download the drivers from MacOs
Downloading drivers on MacOs computer is quite easy:
1. Launch Boot Camp Assistant, then open the Boot Camp Assistant application
2. Select Action on the Menu Bar.
3. Select Download Windows Support Software
4. Select location to save the drivers (WindowsSupport folder will be created at this location)

* Different MacBooks may download different versions of Windows Support Software (mine was 6969). To check the version open WindowsSupport 6969\BootCamp\BootCamp.xml and look for this tag <BuildInfo BuildNumber="6969" ProductName="Boot Camp">

Download the drivers from Windows
To download drivers from on Windows computer, you can use Brigadier (https://github.com/timsutton/brigadier). After the download WindowsSupport folder containing drivers will appear in the selected location.

Add driver to the system
Run WindowsSupport\BootCamp\Drivers\Broadcom\BroadcomBluetooth64.exe (probably similar procedure will work for WiFi, so you could also run BroadcomWirelessUDMx64.exe to add drivers to the system)

Install the driver
1. Open Device Manager
2. Right-click on the device (Bluetooth USB Host Controller)
3. Update the driver
4. Browse my computer for driver software
5. Let me pick from a list...
6. Bluetooth
7. Select Broadcom, Select Blutonium BCM2035 Bluetooth 2.4 GHz Single Chip Transceiver
8. Ignore update driver warning and click Yes
9. Celebrate :lol:

Last edited:
this version of driver cannot be recognised by windows.. the card is working perfectly in mac. but not working in windows 10.. it will freeze the start up....and freeze if i choose to uninstall the driver... can someone please share the proper version?

Not sure which drivers are proper as I tried two different cards and each of them has failed me in some way (usually working on macos but the problem with windows). Finally, I decided to buy 3rd one - a proper card.
http://www.osxwifi.com/product/pc-h...94360cd-802-11-a-b-g-n-ac-with-bluetooth-4-0/

It was not cheap, however, I totally forgot about the issue and no more problems with Bluetooth or WiFi. If you want to go for dual boot win/macos I would advise against using these "cheap cards" (mainly because of windows drivers problem)

One thing that is worth mention is that this OSX card has it's own Bluetooth stack, so you can use you Bluetooth mouse and keyboard in the bios and share paired devices across MacOs and Win (you need to pair on both systems but it will be working fine). However, with the cheap cards which do not have own Bluetooth stack you can't use keyboard and mouse n the bios and you need some extra hassle to share bluetooth (paring) keys between operating systems each time you add new device otherwise device paired on win will stop working on macos and vice-versa.

is the bluetooth stack built on the slot card? or inside the chipset of 94360CD. It looks like the slot card is a dummy card and the pcie card is all that matters.

also, can you post your workable windows 10 drivers to here? coz i found several versions on the web and not sure which works...

I don't have the drivers any more because I decided to throw this card (it took me a lot of trial & error to find correct ones).
Also, the card has Bluetooth stack, not the chipset.

I don't have the drivers any more because I decided to throw this card (it took me a lot of trial & error to find correct ones).
Also, the card has Bluetooth stack, not the chipset.
Sorry , i mean the driver of your current card, which use the 94360CD..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back