Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] HOW TO FIX AUDIO FOR Mojave after layout ID change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a write-up somewhere on how to debug this ourselves? It would be a lot easier for everyone.

Attachments

• debug_23958.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 80
Is there a write-up somewhere on how to debug this ourselves? It would be a lot easier for everyone.

You're still not using the correct config.plist.
The config.plist from the guide does not use MacBookPro12,1 for your hardware.

I didn't bother checking anything else.

Try disabling AppleGFXHDA.kext:
Code:
cd /System/Library/Extensions
sudo mv AppleGFXHDA.kext AppleGFXHDA.kext.bak
sudo kextcache -i /

Then reboot.

If that helps, there are better ways to disable that kext that can be implemented (eg. InfoPlistPatch via Clover KextsToPatch).

Thank you very much, audio is working now. but if i try clover KextsToPatch method it not work. Image clover patch below.
Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 2.25.50 AM.png

Inject fake device-id (on HDEF) that does not match the Info.plist of AppleHDAGFX.kext.
Thanks, no need KextsToPatch anymore. One more question, i see my amd device-id match Info.plist of AppleHDAGFX.kext. Shoud i inject another device-id for amd?

One more question, i see my amd device-id match Info.plist of AppleHDAGFX.kext. Shoud i inject another device-id for amd?

That is for HDMI audio. Injecting a different device-id (on HDAU) would likely prevent HDMI audio from working.

4- important " remove any AppleALC.kext from Clover 》kexts》other
If I want to keep AppleALC.kext and Lilu in CLOVER/kexts/other then won't it work? However, It was working so far till High Sierra.

Last edited:
Try disabling AppleGFXHDA.kext:
Code:
cd /System/Library/Extensions
sudo mv AppleGFXHDA.kext AppleGFXHDA.kext.bak
sudo kextcache -i /

Then reboot.

If that helps, there are better ways to disable that kext that can be implemented (eg. InfoPlistPatch via Clover KextsToPatch).
Thank you, it works for me ! ALC255 on Acer Nitro 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back