Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] HOW TO FIX AUDIO FOR Mojave after layout ID change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on which layout-id you want AppleALC to use.

Thanks you for the quick reply but when i use alcid=x (2,3,12,13) i still don't get audio and layout id says to be 7 on IOReg Expl. my appleHDA is Vanilla and i removed previous sound mods.
Screenshot 2018-10-17 at 08.58.18.png

Thanks you for the quick reply but when i use alcid=x (2,3,12,13) i still don't get audio and layout id says to be 7 on IOReg Expl. my appleHDA is Vanilla and i removed previous sound mods. View attachment 358438

As you can see AppleALC knows what the real layout-id is... it is alc-layout-id. layout-id=7 is there for AppleHDA layout whitelist.

Hi, I followed this guide exactly and still do not have sound. I have attached debug_24271.zip

Interestingly, in this guide, you "Recommend use (sic) kextbeast.app" but in your laptop FAQ, you don't recommend it: "There are various kext installers: Kext Beast, Kext Wizard, Kext Utility. I don't recommend any of them." Can you clarify?

Attachments

• debug_24271.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 99
Hi, I followed this guide exactly and still do not have sound. I have attached debug_24271.zip

No ioreg here.
Please check your files before upload.

Interestingly, in this guide, you "Recommend use (sic) kextbeast.app" but in your laptop FAQ, you don't recommend it: "There are various kext installers: Kext Beast, Kext Wizard, Kext Utility. I don't recommend any of them." Can you clarify?

I think you're confusing authors of the various posts/FAQ.

No ioreg here.
Please check your files before upload.

This is confusing in the FAQ: "Is there a script that will collect all Problem Reporting data automatically? Yes!"
So that's what I used, assuming that it would "collect all problem reporting data" as stated.

ioreg is attached.

I think you're confusing authors of the various posts/FAQ.

Yes, my bad.

Attachments

• pcrobbitt.ioreg
    3.6 MB · Views: 109
This is confusing in the FAQ: "Is there a script that will collect all Problem Reporting data automatically? Yes!"
So that's what I used, assuming that it would "collect all problem reporting data" as stated.

But it is up to you to pay attention to the output of the script, make sure Terminal is enabled for accessibility, and then check the output zip to be sure everything is there.

ioreg is attached.

Your laptop has a guide.
You did not follow it.
Refer to the guide, follow as written:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.261719/

Some progress: I have sound, but only with headphones.

Attachments

• debug_29342.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 74
Some progress: I have sound, but only with headphones.

Your config.plist is not correct.
Read guide, post #1, "Final config.plist".

Well, I tried config_9x70m.plist and I'm still not getting sound through the internal speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back