Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] How to customize "About This Mac"

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it you have a "three comma four gigaherz" processor?

"Is that a Hackintosh with a 3.. no wait, a 4 ghz, um.. wait some more. 3.5.. no. Wait for it.. ... ah, let's just call it a 3 or 4 Ghz processor.."

:D

Probably because . means , in most European countries lol

Like 2.2 liter car in America would be a 2,2 liter car in Germany. Or at least all the German engineers I deal with write a comma like that instead of a period lol

If anyone thinks that Bittermelon's guide looks familiar- it's because it's been around the internet for years, even posted on this site before in multiple places. ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=customize+about+this+mac&oq=customize+about+this+mac

Nice writeup though- this is a fun little tweak.
Well, well, I guess I managed to suck at googling this time around. :D I actually did compile this from several threads on this forum because I didn't find a guide. :banghead: Oh well.

Its funny scrolling through the ICNS files and seeing G4 and G5 icons on an operating system that does not support those processors LOL

In my resources file I just have a bunch of folders ending in .lproj and a couple in .plist. I have no .icon files?

In my resources file I just have a bunch of folders ending in .lproj and a couple in .plist. I have no .icon files?

Just figured out the hidden file thing. Noob Issue! Move along, nothing to see here......

Its funny scrolling through the ICNS files and seeing G4 and G5 icons on an operating system that does not support those processors LOL
It's not only for About This Mac, they are used in many places. For example in Finder when listing other networked computers (so your custom images will show up there too for other machines), which of course can be G4s or G5s.

took a reboot but worked! great guide! thanks.

Screen Shot 2012-10-22 at 13.25.08.jpg

Is there also a way to change the family name of the computer?
For example, if you used iMac, can you change it in something like iHack or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back