Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to configure your system's SMBIOS correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HUANANZHI X79-8D
CPU
2 x Xeon E5-2643 v2
Graphics
Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
where is this link?

Motherboard
HUANANZHI X79-8D
CPU
2 x Xeon E5-2643 v2
Graphics
Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
Lenovo ideapad - Z460, Clover-Legacy
CPU
Core - i5 480M / Intel HM55 (Calpella)
Graphics
Intel HM55 Integrated + GT218M [GeForce 310M] , 1366x768
@RehabMan
@P1LGRIM

Did everything as it says, bt my about mac system info shows my hackintosh as imac 12,1, and I've set it up as imas 14,2.

Any idea why?
Did You Find A Way To Change The "System" Rt Variables ?

----

Any system definition that uses ECC RAM (i.e. MacPro5,1/6,1) has the potential to cause problems.
You would have to delete the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext or use the Clover patch to avoid it.

MacPro is not really appropriate for a NUC anyway.

Could You Explain About This In More Detail ? ^^^^^^^^^^ ( AppleTyMCEDriver.kext )
I Want To Update To Sierra, But My System Definition Is

• Product Name: MacBookPro4,1
  • Board-ID: Mac-F42C89C8
  • Serial Number: SOMESRLNMBR
  • Platform UUID: 4C31C941-2B1D-5818-BB34-123C41A08CDA
  • system-id: EF6EF749-F935-11DF-9467-1C750857CFFE
  • This system's built-in MAC address: 1c:75:08:57:cf:fe
Due To Which I'm Unable To Update.

My SMBIOS Configurations Are :

• Product Name: MacBookPro6,2
  • Serial Number: C02_____HV29
  • SmUUID: 8C9C0149-C546-____-9___C-76D7____71F6B
  • MLB: C0____500QX_____
  • ROM: F9AF42D_____

I've Followed Your Guide, And I'm Able To Change The System Definitions Only For SMBIOS, Not System. ( There Are Two Radio Buttons In The Rt Variables Section. First 'from SMBIOS' , Second 'from System' . Also, Btw iMessage, Facetime And Everything Works Fine. Didn't Try iCloud Though. )
So Is There A Way To Change The System Definitions ?

---

I've Used This Script https://github.com/al3xtjames/MacGen , Dragged And Dropped The Files Into Terminal And Got This Errors.

MacBook-Pro:MacGen-master yahyaa$ /Users/yahyaa/Downloads/MacGen-master/mg-mlb-serial
NOTE: No input product name found, using IORegistry value (MacBookPro4,1)
NOTE: No input serial number found, using IORegistry value (SOMESRLNMBR)
ERROR: Invalid serial number (not 12 characters)!
MacBook-Pro:MacGen-master yahyaa$ /Users/yahyaa/Downloads/MacGen-master/mg-serial
NOTE: No input product name found, using IORegistry value (MacBookPro4,1)
ERROR: Invalid model identifier!

---

Edit1 : My IOReg File Is Also Uploaded Below.

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.ioreg
    2.1 MB · Views: 299
Last edited:
Motherboard
H81M-D
CPU
G3260
Graphics
GT710
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
How do I make the changes I made on my config.plist stick and get effected by my hackintosh?

I have a working sierra now except that i don't have working imessage and facetime. I followed the idiot's guide on making imessage work.

I made a backup of my working config.plist and then made the changes on it using the guide.

After the edits, i saved the config.plist. REVIEWED the contents by manually opening it with TextWrangler. Yes. The changes are contained in it.

I rebooted.

On the desktop, I opened About this Mac. Lo and behold, the serial number did NOT change. It's still the same serial number I was trying to replace using this guide.

And so I made additional changes to clover system parameters:
I added and set NoCaches to Yes.

Then tried rebooting verbosely but I a kext busy timeout on AppleACPICPU is shown, but if i wait it out, it exits out of the verbose mode and seems to give me the desktop but the screen is black. (keyboard is working as the caps lock indicator lights responds if i toggle it on and off).

My working clover flags on clover 4045 are always:
Verbose
Use nvidia webdrivers
Xcpm
Boot with injected kext

My clover efi kexts are:
EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12/
-FakeSMC and RealtekRTL8111

EFI/CLOVER/kext/other/
- Fakesmc, RealtekRTL8112

---------
Short story is that I seem to be receiving a stop error because of AppleACPICPU WHEN booting without caches.

What I don't understand is why. I only changed system parameters, other parts of config.plist are exactly the same as my working config.

If appleaicpu is power management related, why is it stopping me from booting with no caches?

My speedstep works by generating my own ssdt, and i use -xcpm flag on clover for power management. And my haswell cpu works using FakeCPUID imitating an Ivy Bridge cpu.

Can anyone help me sort this out?

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA Z270X GAMING 5
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Thank you for this guide, I'll be giving it a try next week when I upgrade to HS.

However I have one question, which SMBIOS should I use on my build 2 (see footer description)? I've been questioning this for a while.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3
CPU
i7-4820K
Graphics
GTX 980
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi there sorry my friend i am new in Mac can any one help me I have gigabyte x79-ud3 CPU i7 4820k 24GB DDR3 1TB hard disk I install Sierra 10.12.6 its work great but when i click about this Mac its show me this 1.pngis that right my cpu is i7 4820k if is not right please help me to make the right one in clover configurator which one I choose thanks ...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390UD
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630 + RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Look at everymac.com or the free Mactracker app and choose a system definition that matches your components as closely as possible.

If you want to install Sierra it should also be that of a Mac that qualifies for the operating system :
https://support.apple.com/kb/SP742?locale=en_US

Hello @P1LGRIM
I am having a new build Hackintosh using i5-7600, resembles iMac18,2. Will it be OK if on my SMBIOS, I use iMac17,2 since that is the one currently available from Clover Configurator SMBIOS dropdown list of Product Name?
Next question, should I bother with a valid SMBIOS, uuid and Board SN if I only want to access AppStore and iTunes from my Hackintosh (no iMessage etc access)?
Thanks for the advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.