Contribute
Register

[Guide] High Sierra on HP Spectre x360 8th Gen Coffee Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @RehabMan thanks for getting back to me so fast.

I followed all of your steps verbatim and got the same result. My EFI is attached with your fork of Clover and origin files intact, alongside modifications made in the OP. Thanks.

EDIT - @RehabMan you must be shaking your head at yet another person who can't follow instructions. I grabbed the wrong EFI last time. THIS is the correct, UPDATED Clover with UPDATED origin/patched files (up to SSDT-18).

What SMBIOS version are you folks using? I've been using 14,1 just from trawling through other threads related to HWP. Maybe that's why I seem to be the only one with an issue of disabling the dGPU.

I followed every instruction made by @RehabMan regarding iASL and extracting the ACPI files. Everything compiles fine once I remove a few lines, but I want to make sure I'm not the only one using a DSDT with yellow flags - am I? I hope not!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
EDIT - @RehabMan you must be shaking your head at yet another person who can't follow instructions. I grabbed the wrong EFI last time. THIS is the correct, UPDATED Clover with UPDATED origin/patched files (up to SSDT-18).

What SMBIOS version are you folks using? I've been using 14,1 just from trawling through other threads related to HWP. Maybe that's why I seem to be the only one with an issue of disabling the dGPU.

I followed every instruction made by @RehabMan regarding iASL and extracting the ACPI files. Everything compiles fine once I remove a few lines, but I want to make sure I'm not the only one using a DSDT with yellow flags - am I? I hope not!

What do you mean by "DSDT with yellow flags"?

What do you mean by "DSDT with yellow flags"?

I'm assuming they mean the warning flags that sometimes come up in maciASL when one compiles. I have a few on my end as well though I assumed it came with the territory.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-05-18 10.57.11.png
    Screenshot 2018-05-18 10.57.11.png
    120.7 KB · Views: 86
Thanks, guys. I get the same message:

IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0 llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

I'm using the latest Clover fork from @RehabMan. SSDTs went from 9, 10 in old Clover to 16, 17 but otherwise they are identical. AutoMerge=YES and DropOEM=NO. Your help is much appreciated!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 85
Thanks, guys. I get the same message:

IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0 llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

I'm using the latest Clover fork from @RehabMan. SSDTs went from 9, 10 in old Clover to 16, 17 but otherwise they are identical. AutoMerge=YES and DropOEM=NO. Your help is much appreciated!

You did not extract/patch correctly.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

Note: Your files in ACPI/origin are from a previous version of Clover. Must extract fresh with current Clover... (don't forget to delete all files from ACPI/origin before re-extract).

Hey, just confirming that I can hot-plug USB-C components.
Do you have anything plugged in the USB-C port when boot? I can hotplug only if one of the port has something plugged in during booting. If I boot without anything then I cannot hotplug with USB-C

(rewritten a few times to be as respectful as possible) @RehabMan Could you please clarify exactly what information or change from me you need? Are you referring to post #37 from here (including the voodoo keyboard kext, which I have, but I'm not far enough in the install to need yet), or post #37 from the FAQ (which shows a screenshot of a drive layout and asks for an EFI folder). I'm happy to include the problem reporting files. I just never intended to ask for in depth troubleshooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back