CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
GeForce MX150+HD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
I've tried several different config.plists. I've tried the from Rehabman's clover build. I've tried the one from the clover.zip attachment in the OP. I've tried the config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist. The results are always the same. I keep getting the "om.apple.xpc.launchd [1] (com.apple.displaypolicyd.577) Service exited with abnormal code: 1" and "com.apple.xpc.launchd [1] (com.apple.Windowserver) Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds." Both seem to be because of the Nvidia discrete graphics. But I can't hack at my DSDT if I can't get it installed. How can I disable the Nvidia for the initial USB flash drive?

I've tried following DSDT guides including Rehabman's before, but I can't figure it out. I'll give it another try if I get that far.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
You need SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml. See this thread, which offers a solution for grabbing the DSDT files via Clover. This file is located in my Clover files in case you need something to compare it to.

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Everyone! I'm glad everyone seems to be having good luck getting this running. I haven't had any luck. I have one of Rehabman's clover builds. I've added

• AptioMemoryFix
  • HFSPlus.efi
To he drivers64UEfi folder and
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
  • CoreDisplayFixup.kext
to kext/Other. I skipped the apfs.kext so when I get that far, I can avoid apfs.

I've tried several different config.plists. I've tried the from Rehabman's clover build. I've tried the one from the clover.zip attachment in the OP. I've tried the config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist. The results are always the same. I keep getting the "om.apple.xpc.launchd [1] (com.apple.displaypolicyd.577) Service exited with abnormal code: 1" and "com.apple.xpc.launchd [1] (com.apple.Windowserver) Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds." Both seem to be because of the Nvidia discrete graphics. But I can't hack at my DSDT if I can't get it installed. How can I disable the Nvidia for the initial USB flash drive?

I've tried following DSDT guides including Rehabman's before, but I can't figure it out. I'll give it another try if I get that far.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Even though it is not indicated in your profile, you probably have dual GPU.
Please fix your profile, then read here (note that this link is provided in my guide):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-window-server-service-only-ran-for-0-seconds-with-dual-gpu.233092/

Motherboard
HP Spectre x360 / HP 827F
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 620 and Nvidia MX 150 (4K)
After installing onto the NVMe SSD, I boot from Clover from the Installer USB and boot into the Sierra Installation option that is now on the SSD (final setup steps), it boots but the screen then goes black. I know it's because of the dual GPU that's built in, but I can't figure out the "[FIX]" guide. I'm sorry, but it's not really comprehensive or should I say "newb friendly". Am I to apply this fix on the Clover USB installer or within Recovery or within the Sierra (final setup steps)?

I did use -v -x and npci=0x3000 the last time and it booted into the OS but only showed a lot of scan lines at intervals.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
After installing onto the NVMe SSD, I boot from Clover from the Installer USB and boot into the Sierra Installation option that is now on the SSD (final setup steps), it boots but the screen then goes black. I know it's because of the dual GPU that's built in, but I can't figure out the "[FIX]" guide. I'm sorry, but it's not really comprehensive or should I say "newb friendly". Am I to apply this fix on the Clover USB installer or within Recovery or within the Sierra (final setup steps)?

I did use -v -x and npci=0x3000 the last time and it booted into the OS but only showed a lot of scan lines at intervals.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Here is my efi/clover folder(s) with a few pics.
Problems:
- drivers64UEFI not per guide
- kexts/Other not per guide
- forgot to press F2 and F4 before collecting EFI/Clover

Motherboard
HP Spectre x360 / HP 827F
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 620 and Nvidia MX 150 (4K)
For first boot, only put in the few things you actually need. This guide only calls for six things in the kexts folder and three things in the drivers64UEfi folder. Start there.
That's exactly what I did and obviously in the interim I am going to try a few other things here and there to see if I can resolve while awaiting a response from you guys in here. Most importantly, the files that are needed to boot are indeed present and even with the other files included, it has resulted in the same results. If the extra files in both respective folders mentioned are an issue, which ones should be removed, and it is painstaking to point out that with all this considered, a solution is still not proposed.

Motherboard
HP Spectre x360 15 (15-bl112dx) - Clover
CPU
Intel Core i7 8550U @1.80 Ghz
Graphics
Intel UHD620 / Nvidia Geforce MX150, 3840 x 2160
Mobile Phone
Android