Register

[Guide] High Sierra / Mojave on Dell 5570

Motherboard
Dell 5570 (clover)
CPU
Intel i5-8250U
Graphics
Intel UHD 620 , 1920x1080
First of all , this is not a real guide since I'm far for an expert in Hackintosh. It is more like a help for all of you who want to install HighSierra or Mojave on a Dell 5570. And you will , probably , find yourself with a system with bugs. So , use it at your responsibility.

Before we start , let's be honest. All the credits belong to @RehabMan , for his help and knowledge. Thank you , again , my friend for the time you spent to help me. And... forgive me for the many noob questions I've made.

So , let's get started :

Specs : Dell inspiron 5570 (Inspiron 15 5000series) , with :
  • Cpu : intel i5-8250u at 1.6ghz (Kabylake-r)
  • Gpu : Intel uhd620
  • Ram : 8gb ddr4 2400ghz
  • Hard disk : I replaced the standard hd with a Samsung 860 evo and I added a Samsung 860evo at m2 slot
  • Wifi/bt : Factory qualcomm won't work. I replaced it with a Broadcomm 94352z card
  • Fingerpring sensor : Won't work with mac, so I disabled it.
  • Card reader : I don't need it , so I disabled it from bios.
What is working : Pretty much everything...

CPU management : native cpu management at High Sierra with smbios 15,2 and Mojave/Catalina with smbios 15,4 (see note 1).

Battery managment : getting 4,5-5 hours , with browsing , music and office editing. Better that windows 10 !!!

Audio : working great including headphones.

Sleep/wake : lid close / open working as it should. Laptop sleeps overnight with 3-4% battery lost.

Precision touchpad : working close to a real mac , with almost all gestures (see note 4).

Brighness / volume control : fn + F1,F2,F3,F4 for volume , fn+F11,F12 for display brighness.

Camera : ok

What we need :

I will not get into details. You can read the great guides at forum for getting a usb installer for HS or Mojave. Just make sure to replace clover with attached one.

You can find the repo here : Dell-5570-hackintosh

Some notes :

1) If you want to use High Sierra you need to use configHS.plist and High Sierra at least on version G65. If you try to install lower High Sierra version you won't be able to boot. If you prefer you can use smbios 14,1 whick will work on all version of HS , but without proper cpu management.

2) Be sure to have in your clover/kexts/other folder the notouchid.kext. Otherwise you will be experiencing a lag when prompting for security password.

3) Dispaly analysis is set to 1920x1080 (default). If you find (like me) that fonts are too small you can use a scaled one (like 1600x900). Or you can run one-key-hidpi-master to get HDIPI , too.

4) You have to implement proper usb management, following this guide :guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311. This is very importart!!! I've already placed a ssdt for usb in the clover/patched , but be sure to check if it is working ok for your system , too. As I said I've disabled card reader and fingerprint sensor , as they don't work on hackintosh.

5) Uncheck smart zoom at preferences/trackpad.

6) Install codecommander.kext at l/e with proper permissions.

7) I have all kexts on clover/other , except codeccommander.kext. You will probably, as Rehabman suggests, want to install them on l/e.

8) Get yourself a serial number in config.plist/smbios.

REFINED UPDATE 13/10/19
  • Repair sensrhub.aml
  • Remove ssdt-xosi and osi to xosi patch as per OC guide
  • Implement new ssdt-pmcr.aml. Now ppmc and pmcr both loads in ioreg helping with energy consumption.
  • Remove unecessarry patches for trackpad.
  • Remove uneceesary patches at config.plist.
  • Added device ALSO for remembering display brightness settings as per guide (not sure if we need it though).
  • Added smbus device.
  • Updated clover and kexts to latest version
  • Change smbios to 15,4 which seems better choice. Warning!!! Smbios 15,4 is not compatible with High Sierra. There is a configHS.plist if you prefer smbios 15,2 on HS instead).

MAJOR UPDATE 17/8/19
  • Ready for Catalina 10.15
  • Implemented opencore bootloader. You can choose
  • Updated clover
  • Updated all kexts to latest version
  • Optimise config.plist and acpi hotpatches.
  • Added a guide for bios editing (only for expert members). Please don't use my efi version without these patches. You won't be able to boot.

Note: I really think that with this version we are as close to MacOs as we can get. I will still keep trying to optimise it.

Please don't forget to donate.

GUIDE FOR BIOS EDITING

To get a fully optimise Macos you should change some setting in BIOS.

This is very dangerous and could lead to a bricked laptop.

Use it at your own risk. You have been warned !!!!

If you still want to try then :
Follow this guide : http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/tutorial-xps-15-9550-9550-bios-advanced-options.810307/

and change these settings:

DVMV PRE-ALLOCATED
set to 64MB: setup_var 0x795 0x2

DVMT TOTAL GFX MEM
set to MAX: setup_var 0x796 0x3

CFG Lock
set to Disabled: setup_var 0x4ED 0x0

I2CO INTERUPT MODE
set to GPIO Interrupt : setup_var 0x272 0x0

Working hard to keep this project alive and up to date. If you feel like it you can buy me a beer :
Please , comment about how's this working for your system. There is room for perfection, with your help.

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have a new Dell 5570 , with :
Intel 8250u 1.6ghz , Intel u620 graphics (bios says video memory is 64gb) , 8gb ram , fingerprint sensor (no Nvidia,ATI , no backlight keyboard, no touch screen).
I'm new to Cofffelake , I have a hackintosh laptop with Haswell.
Read a lot and tried. But I'm sure there are many things wrong.

So , can anyone help me to get a proper machine ?
I would say to start from the big ones. Like cpu , gpu performance ,config.plist (mine I believe is a mess) etc and later the minor ones.
Till now I'm not sure that I have proper power management (I think I do) and the biggest problem is that audio is not working.
Here are the files
Thanks for your support.
WhateverGreen does not support spoofing CFL as SKL.
You should try native CFL plist first, KBL spoofing second.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
Dell 5570 (clover)
CPU
Intel i5-8250U
Graphics
@RehabMan , till now I was on Haswell. CoffeLake is a big step , all new for me and I have a lot to read.
Can you be more specific ? Please , keep in mind that English is not my native language.
I use your configspoof.plist. I will enable dellsmbios=true.
What else should I do?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
Dell 5570 (clover)
CPU
Intel i5-8250U
Graphics
We've got a lot of work , I know.

Motherboard
Dell 5570 (clover)
CPU
Intel i5-8250U
Graphics
Great !! I'm lucky to have guideness from the best.
So , now ...
1) Still no sound
2) Can you ckeck if cpu-cpu power management is working as it should ?
3) I will disable unused USB ports another time
4) Any other problem you see ? Something needs changing ? Especially with config.plist?