Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Haswell System - MacOS Monterey 12.0.1 OC 0.7.5

How did you sort out the issues you were facing?

Providing information like this is probably more telling and useful for other users than just saying it is all sorted now.

I can’t remember. Been ill with covid and genuinely forgotten.

ACPI Folder:
Opened the EFI folder and added the following SSDT’s to the /EFI/OC/ACPI folder:
  • SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
  • SSDT-EHCx_OFF.aml
  • SSDT-Fix-USB-Shutdown.aml
  • SSDT-HPET.aml
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml
  • SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml
  • SSDT-XOSI.aml
  • SSDT-XWAK.aml
These SSDT’s were collect by me but most were created by other people, @VioletDragon & @RehabMan being the main providers. The HPET, PLUG and EC-USBX tables were created using the system DSDT.aml and Corpnewt’s SSDTTime python script - https://github.com/corpnewt/SSDTTime

Along with some ACPI Rename patches that need to be used for the SSDT-HPET.aml table to work.

I'm stuck at this step... can you please give me a hint on where to get this .aml files and/or how to create them? Tried using Corpnewt's SSDTTime script but can't figure how to use it. None of the options presented when script is run seems relevant:

Screenshot 2022-03-27 at 17.46.18.png

Also, is not clear to me if I should create the files on the machine supposed to be upgraded to Monterey, or can I build them on a macbook?
Thanks!

The most important thing to remember when using Corpnewt's SSDTTime script is it requires a copy of your unpatched/System DSDT.aml to generate the SSDT's. Without the DSDT.aml the script will not do anything.

As soon as you select an option from the list, such as entering the figure 1 for the 'Please make a selection', the script will ask you to drag and drop the DSDT.aml on to the open SSDTTime Terminal window. This will allow the script to read your DSDT.aml and make the necessary SSDT and config.plist patches for your system.

Using options 1, 2 and 4 from the list of fixes available in SSDTTime.

This will provide you with the following SSDT's and patches:
  1. SSDT-HPET.aml + 3 x Patches for your config.plist
  2. SSDT-EC.aml
  3. SSDT-PLUG.aml
Most of the others are available from VioletDragon's '9-series' Github repository:

I have attached a copy of the relevant SSDT's used in the /OC/ACPI folder for my GA-Z87MX-D3H motherboard. Along with the Haswell ACPI Patches for the OC config.plist.

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 173
  • Haswell-ACPI-Patches.plist.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 187
Hello, Some one know if is possible running Monterey in Precision 5810 ?
I am running Big Sur Perfectly buy can't Monterey
Hello, have you solved that problem with Monterey? I have the same problem, my Dell T7910 works well with Bigsur, but can not install Monterey.

Which SMBIOS are you using while running Big Sur, is it compatible with Monterey?

Which SMBIOS are you using while running Big Sur, is it compatible with Monterey?
I am using MacPro7,1 for Big Sur. The attached files are the EFI and error when I installed Monterrey. Please give me your advice. Thank you!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2077.JPG
    IMG_2077.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 89
FakeSMC.kext doesn't work with OpenCore. You need to replace FakeSMC.kext with VirtualSMC.kext.

VirtualSMC.kext is essential when using OpenCore.

CPUFriend.kext does nothing on its own. It needs another kext or SSDT to provide the CPU data for CPUFriend to work. I have disabled the CPUFriend.kext in the config.plist.

Try this revised EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 189
FakeSMC.kext doesn't work with OpenCore. You need to replace FakeSMC.kext with VirtualSMC.kext.

VirtualSMC.kext is essential when using OpenCore.

CPUFriend.kext does nothing on its own. It needs another kext or SSDT to provide the CPU data for CPUFriend to work. I have disabled the CPUFriend.kext in the config.plist.

Try this revised EFI folder.
Hello Edhawk,

Thank you very much for your help. I will be using your revised EFI to install Monterey and let you know the result very soon.

Update:

The EFI attached below is from OpenCore 0.7.9.

The system using the discrete GPU and SMBIOS iMac17,1 has been updated to the latest release of Monterey 12.3.1.

Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 12.49.59.png

Everything seems to be working as before.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 1,569
Back