Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Haswell System - MacOS Monterey 12.0.1 OC 0.7.5

This is my 3020 with PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) changed to one from my perfectly running 7020. It will not even boot.
You'll need to experiment with a few changes at a time to see what works.

You'll need to experiment with a few changes at a time to see what works.

You can try adding these framebuffer patches (in blue). Test with a USB first and remember to reset NVRAM before testing. That way you can leave the existing config.plist as is and go back to it.

View attachment 542881

Note that the last block of digits for con0-alldata and con1-alldata should be 00000000 instead of 10000000 if you use DP/HDMI audio on your 3020.
OK. I went through all lines from my working properly 7020. In 3020 If I put framebuffer-con0... lines it will not boot. Framebuffer-con1.. reduces mouse shudder to 1s so I'd say problem is solved for optiplex 3020. Thank you. I use my 7020 device settings with -con0.. disabled though.

OK. I went through all lines from my working properly 7020. In 3020 If I put framebuffer-con0... lines it will not boot. Framebuffer-con1.. reduces mouse shudder to 1s so I'd say problem is solved for optiplex 3020. Thank you. I use my 7020 device settings with -con0.. disabled though.
From what I understand here:
-con0 is for DP port 1 in 7020 but non existent in 3020. I think that is why 3020 doesn't want to boot with con0 enabled. con1 is the only DP on 3020. I'm still not sure why there was a problem with the mouse. That fixes it so that is OK.

Hello, Some one know if is possible running Monterey in Precision 5810 ?
I am running Big Sur Perfectly buy can't Monterey
Hello PepeCortizona,

Could you please share your EFI files to me for the T5810 Big Sur.

I have the same workstation.

Thanks in advance!

I did all this, mounted my Installer USB's "EFI" and dragged the EFI folder onto it, rebooted, I see NO macOS install option OR icon. Before you ask:

# Yes, I pressed space bar
# Yes, I set "Vault" to "Optional" in config.plist (and checked the spelling!)
# Yes, "SecureBootModel" is set to "Disabled" in config.plist
# Yes, my Kexts are in the right order, Lilu at the top, then VirtualSMC, then WhateverGreen, in config,plist...

Last edited:
From what I understand here:
-con0 is for DP port 1 in 7020 but non existent in 3020. I think that is why 3020 doesn't want to boot with con0 enabled. con1 is the only DP on 3020. I'm still not sure why there was a problem with the mouse. That fixes it so that is OK.
Just a short note. I'm working on real mac mini 2014 right now. It gets exactly same mouse shudder on boot. Lasts a 1 second.

I did all this, mounted my Installer USB's "EFI" and dragged the EFI folder onto it, rebooted, I see NO macOS install option OR icon. Before you ask:

# Yes, my Kexts are in the right order, Lilu at the top, then VirtualSMC, then WhateverGreen, in config,plist...
@rolandpenplotter
  1. Are you sure you are booting from the correct EFI folder?
  2. Do you see the OC GUI boot screen or text Picker List?
  3. If you press the spacebar while the OC boot screen is shown, do other icons for Tools within the /OC/Tools folder and config.plist show?
  4. Ensure you have HfsPlus.efi in the /OC/Drivers folder.
  5. Check you do not have more than one HFS+ driver present in the /OC/Drivers folder, i.e. OpenHfsPlus.efi and HfsPlus.efi.
  6. Check the HfsPlus.efi driver has been enabled in the config.plist.

did you generate proper numbers and put them into platforminfo-generic?

How did you sort out the issues you were facing?

Providing information like this is probably more telling and useful for other users than just saying it is all sorted now.

Back