Contribute
Register

[Guide] Haier Y11C Big Sur using OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange, config.plist is in right location and it should work.

How are you trying to boot?

Place EFI folder in root of a FAT32 formatted USB and then try to Boot from USB, don't forget to replace Serials/MLB with yours (current config.plist have placeholder serials)
It is working for me now,
I downloaded Catalina from gibmacos and followed all the steps, now its working fine for me.

Last edited:
Hey bro i installed Catalina 10.15.7 on my Haier y11b tablet one, wifi and sound not working, can you please help me to figure out?

I am using your EFI folder for USB installer of Big Sur but unable to succeed. I am stuck on the apple logo loading screen. any idea what's wrong.

Attachments

• 20210427_142124.jpg
    20210427_142124.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 75
I am using your EFI folder for USB installer of Big Sur but unable to succeed. I am stuck on the apple logo loading screen. any idea what's wrong.

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

please boot in verbose mode for better understanding of issue.

also avoid Big Sur 11.3 it has some issue with USBPorts.kext

please boot in verbose mode for better understanding of issue.

also avoid Big Sur 11.3 it has some issue with USBPorts.kext
After boot in verbose mode stuck at there
20210429_004451.jpg

Attachments

• 20210429_004523.jpg
    20210429_004523.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 65
After boot in verbose mode stuck at thereView attachment 516784

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

After boot in verbose mode stuck at thereView attachment 516784
That keyboard layout is different than my laptop, are you sure it's a Haier Y11C?

As I suggested earlier try Big Sur 11.2.2 or even Catalina. if the issue is what I think, using USBInjectAll (with XhciPortLimit set to "NO") might also work

That keyboard layout is different than my laptop, are you sure it's a Haier Y11C?

As I suggested earlier try Big Sur 11.2.2 or even Catalina. if the issue is what I think, using USBInjectAll (with XhciPortLimit set to "NO") might also work
Thanks brother I finally installed Big Sur. I am using external keyboard that's why I used 3.0 usb port for installation and got stuck. afterwards I came to know that I need to use 2.0 port for usb installer.

Thanks brother I finally installed Big Sur. I am using external keyboard that's why I used 3.0 usb port for installation and got stuck. afterwards I came to know that I need to use 2.0 port for usb installer.
Good to hear that. It's preferred to use USB 2.0 for installer phase, but sometimes USB 3.0 ports work as well.

I tried USBInjectAll + XhciPortLimit Quirk on a HP ProBook laptop but that didn't load on Big Sur 11.3 (worked fine on Catalina), then i also tried USBPorts.kext with XhciPortLimit set to disabled and that didn't work either. only one USB internal port was working (Bluetooth), everything else was not detected at all. Disabling XhciPortLimit and using USBInjectAll worked to some extent (no patch so only some ports work, basically first 15 ports in list).

Ended up using USBInjectAll + SSDT-UIAC.aml instead of codeless kext (aka USBPorts.kext) on that HP ProBook. that is why i though it might effect this Haier Y11C machine. Updated to Big Sur 11.3 today, all ports are working with my USBPorts.kext. So, Y11C is not effected by Big Sur v11.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back