Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dea Rehabman, I fixed complied error, but failed to load ssdt.

Attachments

• 98097110_3349216028494042_8236982619225456640_o.jpg
    98097110_3349216028494042_8236982619225456640_o.jpg
    605 KB · Views: 82
Dea Rehabman, I fixed complied error, but failed to load ssdt.
You don't need RehabMan's NVMe kext or SSDT for Cataline. Apple's macOS started recognizing NVMe drives several versions of macOS ago.

You don't need RehabMan's NVMe kext or SSDT for Cataline. Apple's macOS started recognizing NVMe drives several versions of macOS ago.
Thank you Admin for your reply, because I cannot boot directly from nvme sad, I have tried different methods, all failed. Because my motherboard does not support booting from nvme sad natively. DO you have any guide for make Opencore boot from nvme directly without using usb.
Thank you again,
Hope the problem will be solved.

Thank you Admin for your reply, because I cannot boot directly from nvme sad, I have tried different methods, all failed. Because my motherboard does not support booting from nvme sad natively. DO you have any guide for make Opencore boot from nvme directly without using usb.
Thank you again,
Hope the problem will be solved.
Put OpenCore on SATA SSD, include an NVME efi driver, and install macOS to NVMe?

Put OpenCore on SATA SSD, include an NVME efi driver, and install macOS to NVMe?
last time I can put efi folder on nvme ssd, it can boot thank to nvmepressdxe.efi, but now, I don't know why it cannot boot. And cannot wake after sleep also.

I have bought a 950Pro 512 NVM.E 512GB and failed to get it to boot on my GA-X58A-UD7. Clover 5033 or 51xx can't see it. However, once OS is booted on my other SATA SSD, Mac OS X Mojave can see it and I can use it as normal. Gives me approx 1500/1500MB/s Read/Write speed which would be an improvement as a boot drive :)
My legacy BIOS can detect the drive (it offers me to boot from it once I hit F12) but then nothing happens except a blinking cursor (top left on screen). I've installed Clover in the EFI partition, cloned my existing disk using SuperDuper etc. but can't boot from it. Then, Clover as booted from my SATA SSD also can't see it; only Mac OS once booted successfully.

What would the preferred method the days to get this to work? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-12 at 22.21.40.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-12 at 22.21.40.png
    229.1 KB · Views: 121
I have bought a 950Pro 512 NVM.E 512GB and failed to get it to boot on my GA-X58A-UD7. Clover 5033 or 51xx can't see it. However, once OS is booted on my other SATA SSD, Mac OS X Mojave can see it and I can use it as normal. Gives me approx 1500/1500MB/s Read/Write speed which would be an improvement as a boot drive :)
My legacy BIOS can detect the drive (it offers me to boot from it once I hit F12) but then nothing happens except a blinking cursor (top left on screen). I've installed Clover in the EFI partition, cloned my existing disk using SuperDuper etc. but can't boot from it. Then, Clover as booted from my SATA SSD also can't see it; only Mac OS once booted successfully.

What would the preferred method the days to get this to work? Thanks!
I think legacy BIOS won't boot NVMe. Get a motherboard with UEFI bios.

No, thanks. I'd even be happy with a USB boot stick with clover on it. I've tried that too, but unfortunately, Clover was unable to see the 950Pro. If I run the Catalina installer from the USB stick, but it doesn't list any available disks, not even the Install media itself. It's really weird. Mojava (see screenshot) when running can see the device. :cry:

Last edited:
No, thanks. I'd even be happy with a USB boot stick with clover on it. I've tried that too, but unfortunately, Clover was unable to see the 950Pro. If I run the Catalina installer from the USB stick, but it doesn't list any available disks, not even the Install media itself. It's really weird. Mojava (see screenshot) when running can see the device. :cry:
I don't think you BIOS supports NVMe drives. I recommend you search for a modified BIOS. I did this with my Thunderball Z77 motherboard.

I don't think you BIOS supports NVMe drives. I recommend you search for a modified BIOS. I did this with my Thunderball Z77 motherboard.
Of course you're right but 950Pro is special as it has ROM and presents itself as an Add-On Card. So, I was able to install Ubuntu 20.04 using a installer stick, which saw the 950 disk, installed, and BIOS was able to boot from it. So this tells me that it must be possible somehow and if the linux installer can see the disk, I'd say Clover should see it, too. It's probably just a matter of using the right drivers, kexts, etc. but what I have tried so far has all failed :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back