Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyway to get 2 NVMe drives working in 10.12.6? I have a Hynix PC300 which works and am now trying to add an EVO 970. If I boot into 10.13, both drives are available although I don’t want use 10.13 as it breaks Adobe CS6.
I have cloned my system hd to the EVO 970 and am using the hacker kext I created using ReHabMan's script and that works but Hynix drive is missing.
I can boot using Hynix in 10.12.6 with no mods, however the EVO drive is missing. Is there anyway to have them both co-exist?

Not if one is 4k and the other is 512 byte LBA.
Purchase/install matched/supported NVMe devices and it works fine.

Not if one is 4k and the other is 512 byte LBA.
Purchase/install matched/supported NVMe devices and it works fine.
The Hynix works fine without any patch although I always saw disk alignment errors in Clover boot. The Evo 970 works fine with the patch and no disk alignment errors in boot... and is much quicker. I may sell the Hynix on Ebay or stick in my Supermicro X9 buid. Thanks for the help.

Hi RehabMan,

Will there be a "NVMe_patches_10_12_6_sec2019-002" ? for Sierra... Again, I would like kindly to request for that.

The Build Number is: 16G1918

I have attached the IONVMeFamily-kext from this built

Attachments

• IONVMeFamily.kext.zip
    91.4 KB · Views: 110
Hello RehabMan,
Will there be a NVMe_patches_10_12_6_sec2019-002 ?

I finally figured out. I literally tried everything. Using the bless command, using the "systemsetup -setstartupdisk" command, making sure the NVMe was selected as a startup disk in System Preferences.

I found an article from 2008 that suggested this:

"Boot your machine with the Option key down to invoke the Startup Manager, then hold down the Control key prior to clicking on a volume to boot. (You may have to use the left and right arrow keys to select a volume first.) "

Once I did this, it boots in less than 12 seconds.

Hi,
maybe my System Sierra with m.2 Nvme (and me) are to old. There is the next Security Update2019-003 for Sierra. If anybody could/would create a patch-nvme , that would be great for me. i can only send IONvme vanilla kext and built no. Where is the rehabman?

22.08.2019 ok, I am on Mojave now (with gtx 650 oob) , works fine.
still missing rehabman.

Last edited:
Hi Rehabman
Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 8.33.50 pm.png

I looked at your name patching guide but my paths are different aim attaching IOReg photo. Please guide its for Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back