Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I have another problem, I put the default backup Safety Net. And it's eating up a lot of disk space now. And these backups are nowhere to be seen. In General lots of problems with Usb 3 and download.

Off-topic.

I have Samsung SM1725 3.2tb U.2 NVME drive. When i connect it to motherboard, system just hangs during start. I've connected log screenshot. Drive have 4 sector configurations ( two for 512-byte, and two for 4k ). I've tried to format it in different configurations with nvme-cli - same result. In 4k mode few times i've seen kernel panic instead of freeze (but panic report wasn't saved to disk). Is any chances to make it work with apple nvme driver ?

No idea. You provided no information on what you're doing (eg. no information regarding which version of macOS/OS X, no EFI/Clover attached, etc).

No idea. You provided no information on what you're doing (eg. no information regarding which version of macOS/OS X, no EFI/Clover attached, etc).

I've attached Clover
My hardware is ASUS Deluxe X299, i7-9800.
OS is Mojave 10.14.3
I'm trying to make it work with SM1725 3.2TB U.2 SSD.
My system is already installed on another SSD, boots and works good.
If I connect SM1725 to U.2 slot (or using U.2-to-PCI-Express adapter), Kernel freezes at boot (or panics in rare cases - but I've didn't find any panic reports on system disk).

Attachments

• clover.zip
    2 MB · Views: 220
Hello. I am trying to deploy an Aura Pro X SSD (pulled from a MacBook Pro) via PCIe adapter on MacPro1,1 running El Capitan (MacPostFactor). It is a Silicon Motion NVMe (pci126f,2260). I used the HackrNVMe patch-nvme spoof to generate the kext, installed it using Kext Utility, and disabled SIP. However, the kext does not load. MacOS System information reports the device under Hardware/PCI as pci126f,2260/NVM Express Controller/Driver Installed: No/Slot-3.
Should I have to specify the devid in patch-nvme.sh? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi RehabMan,
will there be a "NVMe_patches_10_12_6_sec2019-001" ? for sierra... again i would like kindly to request for that.

The Buildnumber is: 16G1815
i have attached the IONVMeFamily-kext from this built

Attachments

• IONVMeFamily.kext.zip
    91.8 KB · Views: 100
Is there anyway to get 2 NVMe drives working in 10.12.6? I have a Hynix PC300 which works and am now trying to add an EVO 970. If I boot into 10.13, both drives are available although I don’t want use 10.13 as it breaks Adobe CS6.
I have cloned my system hd to the EVO 970 and am using the hacker kext I created using ReHabMan's script and that works but Hynix drive is missing.
I can boot using Hynix in 10.12.6 with no mods, however the EVO drive is missing. Is there anyway to have them both co-exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back