Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could use a PM.
"By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter." <- No, that would violate forum rules, which I am trying to avoid.

Last edited:
"By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter." <- No, that would violate forum rules, which I am trying to avoid. What I am doing, however, is using a little common sense.

I think for private transfer of files it is fine. But of course, I prefer the thread itself. If you boot with a generic SMBIOS (eg. no serial# specified), there isn't that much in ioreg to be concerned about.

I think for private transfer of files it is fine. But of course, I prefer the thread itself. If you boot with a generic SMBIOS (eg. no serial# specified), there isn't that much in ioreg to be concerned about.
Thanks! That makes perfect sense; i'll be sure to do that next time. I'll also go ahead and reimplement my ideal 2017 iMac setup w/ Canadian Squid 960 Pro x 4 RAID 0 Array (feels better booting off of Canadian hardware than eating Canadian bacon.. just saying) w/ 850 EVO serving Clover BootLoader duty!

Last edited:
Thanks! That makes perfect sense; i'll be sure to do that next time. I'll also go ahead and reimplement my ideal 2017 iMac setup w/ Canadian Squid 960 Pro x 4 RAID 0 Array (feels better booting off of Canadian hardware than eating Canadian bacon.. just saying) w/ 850 EVO serving Clover BootLoader duty!

So??? Problem solved?

I can't seem to get my Samsung 960 EVO to show up.
Motherboard is a Gigabyte Z170X and SSD is plugged into its M.2 port.

I followed your guide precisely, both on El Capitan (using the alternative .aml) and on Sierra.

Thanks for your amazing work!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 71
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 13.08.22.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 13.08.22.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_5276.JPG
    IMG_5276.JPG
    462.8 KB · Views: 105
  • kextcache.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 122
  • kextstat.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 306
I can't seem to get my Samsung 960 EVO to show up.
Motherboard is a Gigabyte Z170X and SSD is plugged into its M.2 port.

I followed your guide precisely, both on El Capitan (using the alternative .aml) and on Sierra.

Thanks for your amazing work!

You have an existing _DSM method at _SB.PCI0.RP17.PXSX in your DSDT. You forgot the _DSM->XDSM patch.
Read post #1.

So??? Problem solved?
No, no additional progress was attempted since sleep was calling.. Then work. Now am back, so I'll proceed to reinstall Sierra implementing the setup mentioned in my prior post, and will reedit this post in an hour or two with ioreg if I see you have been active. Thanks again for your time & help, RehabMan.

No, no additional progress was attempted since sleep was calling.. Then work. Now am back, so I'll proceed to reinstall Sierra implementing the setup mentioned in my prior post, and will reedit this post in an hour or two with ioreg if I see you have been active. Thanks again for your time & help, RehabMan.

OK...

This is the 960x1 OS X setup via the Carrier Board; once I get this setup working, then I will revert back to the 960x4 OS X setup.

Question: Your HackrNVMeFamily spoof is supposed to make it unnecessary to inject Pike's IONVMeFamily patches manually into config.plist, correct? Or do I have that wrong? I ask because I got it to boot w/out the UniBeast USB by injecting Pike's patches.

Last edited:
This is the 960x1 OS X setup via the Carrier Board; once I get this setup working, then I will revert back to the 960x4 OS X setup. I also noticed I am unable to restart; I must completely power off or else I get no display (although I know that is off topic so you can ignore - just letting you know).

Attach EFI/Clover in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back