Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The USB Stick I used to boot Clover and the installer doesn't shown my NVMe drive after the first Sierra installer reboot.

You MUST Patch your USBInstaller/EFI like you patch your OSX system

• I realize I am going way off topic now with my new Windows 10 problems, but can I change to NVMe drivers without reinstalling Windows 10?

First install OSX then ... sorry i Lost W key :)

Haha I know one problem at a time. See my previous post, what do you think?

First OSX Install is to FIX EFI Into the system if you use usb i think it's not the same

with all the information you have have now it cost you 2 hours (it cost me more and more ...time)
On your Usbdisk install you can generate 2 files for patching USBinstaler and put this to files in your tool box folder on usbinstaller (more esay to use)

Just question, you whant to use GTX1060 in OSX ?

So if you have a USBinstaller pacthed for your NVMe you can go directly to :

Press F12 to select USB to boot
and install (Now you see your NVMe for install)
when install copy is done reboot On USB and on clover select HFS disk
Finish OSX install BUT DO NOT REBOOT
Install Multibeast and Clover UEFI
Patch NVMe/EFI with 2 files
reboot normaly

Last edited by a moderator:
Copied EFI partition from my USB stick to my 960 EVO and.... everything is working!!! You guys rock, you can't believe how happy I am after weeks and weeks of setting this up. Just waiting for my Broadcom M.2 wifi module, last step. Should arrive tomorrow.
- Ethernet working
- Internal audio working
- Intel HD 530 working
- App Store working

Seriously, you guys did it! THANK YOU!

Now, about the "W" word... any thoughts?? ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0379.JPG
    IMG_0379.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
Yesssss

Just check your config.plist in your NVMe/EFI

My keyboard have X for double u :) and X for x (my favorite choice is osX except for games)

your laptop use a GTX 1060 & 530 gfx ?

Yep 1060 and Intel 530. Thank you buddy, and big thanks to RehabMan!

Windows 10 problem solved, for those who care:
- enter bios, switch back to RAID, Windows 10 starts up normally
- msconfig, then Safe Mode (Minimal)
- enter bios again, switch back to AHCI, save
- Windows 10 will boot in Safe Mode and install the drivers
- you can now disable Safe Mode, reboot and...
- ... voila, back to normal!

Have a great evening everyone!

I have a question regarding changing _DSM to XDSM.

In a couple of original SSDTs I have XDSM methods. Also there _DSMs in RMNE SSDT and CPU SSDT. Won't it interfere somehow if I change DSDTs _DSM to XDSM?

Thank you.

Mr. RehabMan, coder, sir:

I believe I need your help one last time regarding class code for NVMe SSDs since the remaining SSDs I had on order arrived (finally). Currently, my boot drive (1 TB 960 Pro) is located in PCI Slot #5 of my mobo. I am trying to migrate to a 4x M.2 Carrier board in PCI Slot #4 (512 GB 960 Pro x 4), although I am still not 100% certain I'll be able to use it as the boot; I hope so, however, since that's its intended purpose. I looked up the location paths of each SSD on the board using Windows 10 Pro, and it is identical to the path for my current setup utilizing PCI Slot 5, except for the addition of #PCI(0*00)#PCI(0000) at the end of the paths [where * = 4, 5, 6, or 7 for each SSD on the carrier card] (see screenshots for clarity).

I have attached the SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml patch that I am currently using. Although I currently have three NVMe SSDs installed, I only have to inject class code for two of them since the top M.2 port on the Z170-WS can be manually disabled in BIOS.

Thanks again for all of your help! :thumbup:

2017-02-01 (4).png
2017-02-01 (5).png 2017-02-01 (6).png

Attachments

• 2017-02-01 (7).png
    2017-02-01 (7).png
    10.3 KB · Views: 129
  • SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml
    435 bytes · Views: 108
Last edited:
  • The USB Stick I used to boot Clover and the installer doesn't shown my NVMe drive after the first Sierra installer reboot.
  • I realize I am going way off topic now with my new Windows 10 problems, but can I change to NVMe drivers without reinstalling Windows 10?

You need to partition it properly in Disk Utility (assuming you can see the drive).
If you can't see it in Disk Utility, then you didn't do the NVMe configuration properly.

I don't know if there is a way to go from IRST to MS-NVMe without re-install. There probably is a way... I remember tweaking the Windows registry for going from IDE to AHCI, and the process is probably similar to that... You might do some google searching. In the case of a new PC though, it is almost always better to re-install Windows due to all the crapware provided by OEMs, so I would probably be doing that anyway.

I could at this stage remove the IONVMeFamily.kext from the Others folder correct?

If you're using this guide, IONVMeFamily.kext should have never been placed in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other ...

Just question, you whant to use GTX1060 in OSX ?

No. @Technotron's profile/signature is not accurate. That laptop actually has Intel+Nvidia... The Intel graphics device is shown in the lspci output provided earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back