Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again.

You had right about that i had must deleted the IONVMeFamily kext to get my NVMe up and running and not with the spoofed kext.

Now i have done a complete reinstall of 10.12.2

Done what you write in this guide. But it seems like it wont load the HackrNVMeFamily kext.
Added a zip with EFI and updated IOReg.

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u / output:

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_2.kext
KernelCache ID: 1C6016BC441A508B3C91A484D48CA98D

Your SSDT has a typo. You wrote "class-node", not "class-code".

Servus!

I am trying to do a fresh install of MacOS (10.12.2) directly to the Samsung 950 Pro. I have currently El Capitan up and running on the system and checked the ACPI path via IoReg. I created the SSDT with the correct path, added the code from config_patches.plist to my config.plist, and created the HackrNVMeFamily 10_12_2 kext with the --spoof option (I did it in El Capitan, is this the cause of trouble?)

The Disk Utility within the installer does not recognise Samsung 950.

Attached in .zip screenshot of the IoReg location, and the EFI/Clover folder.

I hope I have not overlooked the solution within the tread.

Thanks,
Pave

The md5 of your HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_2 is
0c7f5ab0cc3f5e036df1b52358799323.

It does not match any md5 of unpatched nor patched IONVMeFamily.

It means the computer you used to generate it was not running 10.12.2 and you would have seen that the md5 didn't match in the patch_nvme.sh script output, but you ignored it.

Your SSDT has a typo. You wrote "class-node", not "class-code".

oh!! Now everyting works perfect! I can now see the drive under the installer to. Thank you :)

The md5 of your HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_2 is
0c7f5ab0cc3f5e036df1b52358799323.

It does not match any md5 of unpatched nor patched IONVMeFamily.

It means the computer you used to generate it was not running 10.12.2 and you would have seen that the md5 didn't match in the patch_nvme.sh script output, but you ignored it.

@RehabMan: thanks for the quick reply!
I realize that I generated the kext with El Capitan. Is there a way to get the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_2 without installing the MacOS first on separate drive; that is, is the kext setup specific or can I use any 10_12_2 kext with matching MD5? I tried generating the kext with my MBP, but it also has trouble due to running 10.12.2.Beta.

Thanks!

@RehabMan: thanks for the quick reply!
I realize that I generated the kext with El Capitan. Is there a way to get the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_2 without installing the MacOS first on separate drive; that is, is the kext setup specific or can I use any 10_12_2 kext with matching MD5? I tried generating the kext with my MBP, but it also has trouble due to running 10.12.2.Beta.

Thanks!

If you're going to generate HackrNVMeFamily on 10.11, you have to use the appropriate parameter to patch_nvme.sh.
I don't know exactly what you did, but for example, you cannot use the patches for 10.12.2 with IONVMeFamily from 10.11.6.
The script will output status as to whether the md5 sums match. If they don't match, don't use the resulting kext.

If you're going to generate HackrNVMeFamily on 10.11, you have to use the appropriate parameter to patch_nvme.sh.
I don't know exactly what you did, but for example, you cannot use the patches for 10.12.2 with IONVMeFamily from 10.11.6.
The script will output status as to whether the md5 sums match. If they don't match, don't use the resulting kext.

Sorry about the confusion, let me rephrase the question. Would a HackNVMeFamily 10.11.6 kext work (when compiled with 10.11.6; that is, matching MD5s) when injected to clover to install 10.12.2? Or do I need a matching "version" of the kext for installing MacOS?

I thought that I need a version of the kext matching to the OS I am installing (i.e. 10.12.2). And as I do not have any of my machines running with 10.12.2, generating the right one would require me installing the OS somewhere else first.

The support is really appreciated!

Sorry about the confusion, let me rephrase the question. Would a HackNVMeFamily 10.11.6 kext work (when compiled with 10.11.6; that is, matching MD5s) when injected to clover to install 10.12.2?

I have not tested that scenario specifically, but it will probably work.

I thought that I need a version of the kext matching to the OS I am installing (i.e. 10.12.2).

Using a matched kext is preferable.

And as I do not have any of my machines running with 10.12.2, generating the right one would require me installing the OS somewhere else first.

Correct.

Thanks for this guide Rehabman and all those involved!

I just got done reading through this post as well as the readme from github. And forgive me, I'm new to this but am I understanding this correctly in that I will essentially need three separate drives in order to do this? Judging by everything I've read I'll need 1 drive for Windows, 1 drive for the first Sierra install, and the 3rd drive being a 960 evo for the final install?

Or will I be able to do this with two drives. 1 Drive for windows and then install Sierra straight on the 960 evo and then create the HackrNVMeFamily?

"### 10.12 Sierra Notes
With 10.12 there are a couple of procedural changes:

- If you are trying to use HackrNVMeFamily for the 10.12 installer, forget about it. Use the correct patches in config.plist KextsToPatch.

- Once you install, you can create the HackrNVMeFamily and use it (or use one you already created), but you must remove IONVMeFamily.kext from /System/Library/Extensions

I will update here when/if there is a better solution."

Thanks for this guide Rehabman and all those involved!

I just got done reading through this post as well as the readme from github. And forgive me, I'm new to this but am I understanding this correctly in that I will essentially need three separate drives in order to do this? Judging by everything I've read I'll need 1 drive for Windows, 1 drive for the first Sierra install, and the 3rd drive being a 960 evo for the final install?

No. You can install Windows + Sierra on a single drive.
But dual-boot is not really the topic covered here.

"### 10.12 Sierra Notes
With 10.12 there are a couple of procedural changes:

I will update here when/if there is a better solution."

Keep reading. It eventually links here as the "update"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back