Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: My mistake, I see that the NAME is slightly different: 0x00080000 (newer post) vs. 0x08000000 (older post). I assume that means I should try again with the updated value?

Yes.

I used this already for my previously reported attempt.

Your Clover bootlog shows no AML files loaded from ACPI/patched.
So... you'll want to look into that...

Your Clover bootlog shows no AML files loaded from ACPI/patched.
So... you'll want to look into that...

Would that be because my ioreg was loaded on the first boot up after a clean install via Unibeast USB? I went through all the steps I always do: Clover v2, Multibeast, RehabMan's CodecCommander, then followed your instructions specific to this thread. I do not upgrade yet to 10.12.2 (I try to get a stable 10.12.1 running first). Kernel panic occurs after first restart.

Would that be because my ioreg was loaded on the first boot up after a clean install via Unibeast USB? I went through all the steps I always do: Clover v2, Multibeast, RehabMan's CodecCommander, then followed your instructions specific to this thread. I do not upgrade yet to 10.12.2 (I try to get a stable 10.12.1 running first). Kernel panic occurs after first restart.

Test first by using the same method you're using now for IONVMeFamily (I assume Clover patches via KextsToPatch).
Change the SSDT to inject #class-code instead of class-code. Verify it is injecting #class-code by looking at ioreg before changing back to class-code and installing HackrNVMeFamily (generated with --spoof).

Is it possible to find the ACPI path without using windows? Possible while in macOS? Or maybe Linux? I don't have a copy of windows handy and my google foo is failing me.

Test first by using the same method you're using now for IONVMeFamily (I assume Clover patches via KextsToPatch).
Change the SSDT to inject #class-code instead of class-code. Verify it is injecting #class-code by looking at ioreg before changing back to class-code and installing HackrNVMeFamily (generated with --spoof).
Mission accomplished thanks to RehabMan! I did not change the SSDT, but I was able to boot to 10.12.1 [after initial installation (including Multibeast config/install)] with the Unibeast USB inserted (kernel panicked when I initially tried to boot from 950 Pro vs. the USB at this point). After selecting the USB UEFI at the boot menu, I used clover to boot to my 950 Pro; I then used your spoof to set me up for 10.12.2 (having previously used it for 10.12.1 prior to restarting the first time), installed the update, restarted, installed Nvidia drivers, restarted; then I restarted again and took out the Unibeast USB and was able to boot from my 950 NVMe drive! Everything is working seamlessly (including iMessages & handoff functionality). I will now make a backup of this setup using Carbon Copy Cloner. Thanks again RehabMan for your awesome coding skills and for your direct support in helping me get a nice Sierra setup established. I'm sure I'll be back for help when it comes time for me to add the two 960 Pro NVMe SSD's dedicated to Windows 10. ;-)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 11.04.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 11.04.21 PM.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 467
Last edited:
Mission accomplished thanks to RehabMan! I did not change the SSDT, but I was able to boot to 10.12.1 (after initial installation) with the Unibeast USB inserted (kernel panicked when I initially tried to boot from 950 Pro vs. the USB at this point). After booting to my 950 Pro (w/ install USB still inserted), I used your spoof to set me up for 10.12.2, installed the update, restarted, installed Nvidia drivers, restarted; then I restarted again and took out the Unibeast USB and was able to boot from my 950 NVMe drive! Everything is working (including iMessages). I will now make a backup of this setup using Carbon Copy Cloner. Thanks again RehabMan for your awesome coding skills and for your direct support in helping me get a nice Sierra setup established. I'm sure I'll probably be back for help when it comes time for me to add the two 960 Pro NVMe SSD's dedicated to Windows 10. ;-)

Thanks. I'll update post #1 with the new information regarding when the device is without an ACPI identity due to being behind a PCI bridge.

UPDATE [see uploaded files below (2)]: I cannot remove this from my account (despite repeated attempts). Is this normal?
P.S. I have also included a screen shot of the purchased OS to show that I acquired this software legally for use with my Intel-based computer.

Off-topic.

Is it possible to find the ACPI path without using windows? Possible while in macOS? Or maybe Linux? I don't have a copy of windows handy and my google foo is failing me.

You can derive the path from ioreg. It is covered at the insanelymac link.
The goal of this guide, however, is to do it before having installed OS X.

Happy Holidays guys.
@RehabMan. Any suggestions on why would my 950 Pro have half of the speed?

Happy Holidays guys.
@RehabMan. Any suggestions on why would my 950 Pro have half of the speed?

Half of what? What kind of speed specifically? Need specific #s and specific hardware details.

Sorry I though I had it in my signature.

It's in M.2 on Z10PE-D16 WS motherboard, and I've been looking around on the web and pretty much everywhere I look people get over 2K in write when used in M.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back