Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to the patch, is the IONVMEFamily kext unique to the computer? I've basically done a fresh install on a different drive, updated to 10.12.5, ran the patch, installed it and can access the nvme drive again, but still cannot boot from nvme drive even after using the same patch on the working drive. I'm assuming that you need to run the patch against the IONVMEFamily located on the drive itself? example, if you have two computers both running OSX, could you run a patch for one computer and just copy the compiled patch over to the other?

Unfortunately, the SSDT would not be enough... You also need a working macOS system to create HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext.

Go back to the Mac you used to download macOS so you can finish your USB preparations.

And I asume HackrNVMEFamily 10.12.3.kext cant be created for me by someone else (someone with the same nvme path) and someone who already has the ssdt installed?

Last edited:
In regards to the patch, is the IONVMEFamily kext unique to the computer? I've basically done a fresh install on a different drive, updated to 10.12.5, ran the patch, installed it and can access the nvme drive again, but still cannot boot from nvme drive even after using the same patch on the working drive. I'm assuming that you need to run the patch against the IONVMEFamily located on the drive itself? example, if you have two computers both running OSX, could you run a patch for one computer and just copy the compiled patch over to the other?

You probably forgot to install HackrNVMeFamily to the system drive.
Keep in mind that kexts you place in EFI/Clover/kexts are ignored if config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect and FakeSMC.kext is installed to the system volume.

You can generate HackrNVMe on one computer and install on another (or copy to USB Clover/kexts).

And I asume HackrNVMEFamily 10.12.3.kext cant be created for me by someone else (someone with the same nvme path) and someone who already has the ssdt installed?

It can.
But you should be prepared to do these things for yourself.

It can.
But you should be prepared to do these things for yourself.

Yeah of course, I just wanted to do the whole install today if possible, but I won't be able to do so until I get hold of a mac, but no worries.

Gotcha, appreciate you wanting me to learn, haha.

I'll do that when I get my gfs mac then.

After 9,000 attempts and a day and a half of wasted productivity, I'm now booted back onto the 960 drive. I think I may have been close at attempt 4000 but in mad desperation I installed the wrong MultiBeast version on the drive and got issues relating to the Ethernet, I couldn't have fixed it without going through all this, anyway, it's back online, and good to know that you can just copy from machine to machine. thanks :).

Prob been asked before but don't want to read 58 pages, can you derive the ACPI path from Mac OS?

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 8.04.28 am.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 8.04.41 am.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 8.04.54 am.png

Hi RehabMan! A couple of days ago I installed windows to find a ACPI path of my Samsung 960 Evo. I already prepared modified USB Unibeast installer but I crashed my BIOS and have to RME my motherboard. Will I need to repeat the whole process for my new motherboard or ACPI path is related exclusively to the SSD? What if I change the number of SATA hard drives or connect them to different SATA slots? I will exactly the same motherboard.

Hi RehabMan! A couple of days ago I installed windows to find a ACPI path of my Samsung 960 Evo. I already prepared modified USB Unibeast installer but I crashed my BIOS and have to RME my motherboard. Will I need to repeat the whole process for my new motherboard or ACPI path is related exclusively to the SSD? What if I change the number of SATA hard drives or connect them to different SATA slots? I will exactly the same motherboard.

SATA connections do not matter.
But your new board may come with a different version of BIOS, which can affect ACPI...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back