Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all of you. Thank you RehabMan for your work. I followed your guide and I managed to make it work but with some issues. If I create and use HackrNVMeFamily 10_12_3 it does not work and I am on 10_12_3 fresh install. If I use HackrNVMeFamily 10_12_0 it works perfectly. What could be the problem?

The parameter you provide to patch_nvme.sh must match the version you are using to run the patch_nvme.sh script.
The script will tell you if your patch file selection matches the native version or not (either matching or unmatching MD5 sums).
Also, it would be a mistake to install multiple HackrNVMeFamily kexts.

If you have an issue, you must provide data as requested in post #1, "Problem Reporting".

thank you for your quick reply. I know what you are talking about. If I run the script using version 10_12_3 witch I am using, it generates HackrNVMeFamily 10_12_3.kext. I copy this kext in Efi/Clover/Kext/Other and it does not work. The drive does not appear in disk utility. If I delete this kext and use the one I created when I was on 10_12_0, (HackrNVMeFamily 10_12_0) in the same place, it works.
When I generate HackrNVMeFamily 10_12_3, the script tells me that the MD5 sums in correct.

thank you for your quick reply. I know what you are talking about. If I run the script using version 10_12_3 witch I am using, it generates HackrNVMeFamily 10_12_3.kext. I copy this kext in Efi/Clover/Kext/Other and it does not work. The drive does not appear in disk utility. If I delete this kext and use the one I created when I was on 10_12_0, (HackrNVMeFamily 10_12_0) in the same place, it works.
When I generate HackrNVMeFamily 10_12_3, the script tells me that the MD5 sums in correct.

I would have to see all data as requested in post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Perhaps you did not generate with the --spoof option when you created the 10_12_3 kext?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have attached two zips, the one that does work (with 10_12_0.kext) and the one that does not work.
I surely did generate with --spoof. Had I not use --spoof, the kext generated wouldn't have been named HackrNVMeFamily 10_12_3.

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 34
  • 0 bytes · Views: 46
I have attached two zips, the one that does work (with 10_12_0.kext) and the one that does not work.
I surely did generate with --spoof.

The HackrNVMeFamily_10_12_3.kext in "not workingCLOVER.zip" WAS NOT generated with --spoof.
The HackrNVMeFamily_10_12_0.kext in "workingCLOVER.zip" was generated with --spoof.

Had I not use --spoof, the kext generated wouldn't have been named HackrNVMeFamily 10_12_3.

The --spoof option DOES NOT affect the name of the kext.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is every guide this esoteric and complicated? I'm not a programmer.

Is every guide this esoteric and complicated? I'm not a programmer.

No need to be a programmer. For novices, this topic may seem relatively advanced. But really it is quite a simple case of property injection via ACPI _DSM.

Read the guide carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back