Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
No conflict. Each is a separate add-on SSDT with its own content for unrelated fixes.
Understood - thanks again for everything!

Good evening @RehabMan
I really appreciate your guides.
Just to let you know I am still a newbie on OsX hacks. This is only my second on I am trying.
My hardware seems to be very similar to some you have installed 10.12.3 on.
I have a NUC 6i5SYK with a Samsung M.2 NMVe 950 Pro, and some 32 GB of ram.
I have followed all the steps to creating a bootable drive with Sierra on it (and it worked as I installed it on an external normal SSD)
But my goal is off course to install it on the NMVe drive inside the NUC.
I have made the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext with the spoof option and put it in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
When trying to install, the installer does not see the NMVe drive.
I guess that it's normal as I have not made/put "SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml" in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
The problem is that I don't have a PC that would enable to follow your explanations to get path to the drive.
I was wondering, if, as you have installed on the same hardware as the one I am trying to install it on, and as I guess that on a NUC a NVMe is always attached on the same path, I was wondering if you could help/send me your SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml.
But maybe I have not understood everything and that the SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml not only contains the path to the NVMe, but also PartNumber and SerialNumber in which case I am doomed.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers

Good evening @RehabMan
I really appreciate your guides.
Just to let you know I am still a newbie on OsX hacks. This is only my second on I am trying.
My hardware seems to be very similar to some you have installed 10.12.3 on.
I have a NUC 6i5SYK with a Samsung M.2 NMVe 950 Pro, and some 32 GB of ram.
I have followed all the steps to creating a bootable drive with Sierra on it (and it worked as I installed it on an external normal SSD)
But my goal is off course to install it on the NMVe drive inside the NUC.
I have made the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext with the spoof option and put it in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
When trying to install, the installer does not see the NMVe drive.
I guess that it's normal as I have not made/put "SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml" in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
The problem is that I don't have a PC that would enable to follow your explanations to get path to the drive.
I was wondering, if, as you have installed on the same hardware as the one I am trying to install it on, and as I guess that on a NUC a NVMe is always attached on the same path, I was wondering if you could help/send me your SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml.
But maybe I have not understood everything and that the SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml not only contains the path to the NVMe, but also PartNumber and SerialNumber in which case I am doomed.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers

The SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml is required.
Use Windows to determine the ACPI path of your NVMe as per post #1.
At the moment I do not have my NUC6 in front of me (not for several days).
But it is probably at _SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX or _SB.PCI0.RP13.PXSX.

The SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml is required.
Use Windows to determine the ACPI path of your NVMe as per post #1.
At the moment I do not have my NUC6 in front of me (not for several days).
But it is probably at _SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX or _SB.PCI0.RP13.PXSX.

Thank you @RehabMan,
I thought that "SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml" was needed from what I had read.
Use Windows to determine the ACPI path
The Thing is that I don't have windows on any of my machines (except for a VM on my MaCBook Pro which doesn't help).
So thanks a lot for the 2 paths you gave me, I will try to build SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml with those, and hopefully one will work.
Cheers :clap:

The Thing is that I don't have windows on any of my machines

Installing Windows on your NUC takes about 20 minutes...

hi @RehabMan
Your are such a precious help.
My first built, so still a newbie.
I have a full working hackintosh and I just add a Samsung M.2 NMVe 960 500gb.
My purpose is to use it as a clone of my boot drive (when I figure out how)

When I use S/L/E I can not see the disk.
I have made the The SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml and HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext with the spoof option and put it in EFI/CLOVER/ ACPI/patched and EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

I wonder if is possible to take a look to my clover.zip?

hi @RehabMan
Your are such a precious help.
My first built, so still a newbie.
I have a full working hackintosh and I just add a Samsung M.2 NMVe 960 500gb.
My purpose is to use it as a clone of my boot drive (when I figure out how)

When I use S/L/E I can not see the disk.
I have made the The SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml and HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext with the spoof option and put it in EFI/CLOVER/ ACPI/patched and EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

I wonder if is possible to take a look to my clover.zip?

Since FakeSMC.kext is installed to the system volume, you also must install HackrNVMe to the system volume.

Thank you for your quick reply.

When is installed to the system, i can not see the nvme drive.
Now is installed to the clover kexts folder and it is working.
I even manage to clone my boot drive and everything seems to work ok.

Is there any reason to try again?
Any reason to worry?

When is installed to the system, i can not see the nvme drive.
Now is installed to the clover kexts folder and it is working.

It means you're not installing it correctly, or are installing one not created with --spoof.
And since you're able to inject it via Clover/kexts, it means you don't have FakeSMC.kext installed to the system volume or are using InjectKexts=true.

Thank you.
I will try again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back