Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any fully compatible nvme drive I should be looking at? How about the samsung 960 evo series?

I think if you browse the forums, you'll find general success with the 960 EVO.

Hey all,

I've been running 10.12.x for quite awhile with Samsung NVME drive, and its been fine.
I used the steps as outlined in this thread.
I have been looking to try and upgrade to 10.13 and i'm completely stuck.

I took a clone of my instance off NVME drive and put onto regular SSD.
Then i boot into SSD (cloned instance) and go to Apps store, download and run High Sierra installer which then reboots into install partition.
I do NOT get further than this.
I get that NO OS symbol with lots of scrawly text across the screen.
Its the same screen i used to get before implementing the NVME steps during my original installation.
I assume its related to NVME workaround code.

I've also setup an install USB with Unibeast.... and the same thing happens. I'm at a loss and can't move forward.

So my question is :-
Do i need to backout the NVME specific steps from my SSD to be able to regularly install HS?
I'm afraid to try directly on my NVME because although i have backup i don't know if i'll be able to restore.... so i want a fully working upgraded image on SSD that i can run off if the worst case happens and NVME install craps out.

I assume the problem is caused because the boot loader has kexts etc which may be incompatible, in addition to the kexts on the mac os install itself.

Attachments

• IMG_3278.jpg
    IMG_3278.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 184
Hey all,

I've been running 10.12.x for quite awhile with Samsung NVME drive, and its been fine.
I used the steps as outlined in this thread.
I have been looking to try and upgrade to 10.13 and i'm completely stuck.

I took a clone of my instance off NVME drive and put onto regular SSD.
Then i boot into SSD (cloned instance) and go to Apps store, download and run High Sierra installer which then reboots into install partition.
I do NOT get further than this.
I get that NO OS symbol with lots of scrawly text across the screen.
Its the same screen i used to get before implementing the NVME steps during my original installation.
I assume its related to NVME workaround code.

I've also setup an install USB with Unibeast.... and the same thing happens. I'm at a loss and can't move forward.

So my question is :-
Do i need to backout the NVME specific steps from my SSD to be able to regularly install HS?
I'm afraid to try directly on my NVME because although i have backup i don't know if i'll be able to restore.... so i want a fully working upgraded image on SSD that i can run off if the worst case happens and NVME install craps out.

I assume the problem is caused because the boot loader has kexts etc which may be incompatible, in addition to the kexts on the mac os install itself.
Depend of your NVMe drive but read post #1191 at top of this page.
If you plan to multiboot (10.12 + 10.13), you need to install HackrNVMeFamilyInjector.kext from Rehabman in
- [EFI volume]/EFI/CLOVER/Kext/10.13/ or /Kext/Other/ (depend of your needs)
- [10.13 boot volume]/Library/Extensions/
After 10.13 update, if you don't use 10.12 anymore, you can drop all (hacked or spoofed) kext needed for NVMe because it is natively detected under High Sierra.
https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme

Last edited:
request patch for 10_12_6_sec2018-004?

request patch for 10_12_6_sec2018-004?

It is likely the same as sec2018-003.
If you want to attach native IONVMeFamily.kext from sec2018-004, I can check.

It is likely the same as sec2018-003.
If you want to attach native IONVMeFamily.kext from sec2018-004, I can check.
Got That. Still the same as sec2018-003, only the MD5 changed.

<key>VanillaMD5</key>
<string>40f34ac1f6563e2d0e85abd7332cded3</string>
<key>PatchedMD5</key>
<string>a3ddd438e89090eca7220e83508c3832</string>

Thanks for the heads up :)

Got That. Still the same as sec2018-003, only the MD5 changed.

<key>VanillaMD5</key>
<string>40f34ac1f6563e2d0e85abd7332cded3</string>
<key>PatchedMD5</key>
<string>a3ddd438e89090eca7220e83508c3832</string>

Thanks for the heads up :)

You will need to attach the native IONVMeFamily.kext before I can change the repo.
(I have special procedures in order to check the validity of the patches against new binaries).

Here it is. Sorry for the delay :)

Attachments

• IONVMeFamily_sec2018-004.zip
    91.4 KB · Views: 115
Here it is. Sorry for the delay :)
Hi guys, will there be a "NVMe_patches_10_12_6_sec2018-004" ? i also would like kindly to request for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back