Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I ask for help. Upgraded Sierra from 10.12.4 to 10.12.6 due to the latest security update from Sierra, I assume, I can no longer start my SSD Samsung 860 EVO NvMe M.2. Launched Sierra from another boot disk, the NvMe disk does not exist even though clover boot is still visible. I think I accidentally deleted the patch kext in Clover's EFI. Is it possible to solve or do I have to start all over again?
Thank you.

Hi guys, I ask for help. Upgraded Sierra from 10.12.4 to 10.12.6 due to the latest security update from Sierra, I assume, I can no longer start my SSD Samsung 860 EVO NvMe M.2. Launched Sierra from another boot disk, the NvMe disk does not exist even though clover boot is still visible. I think I accidentally deleted the patch kext in Clover's EFI. Is it possible to solve or do I have to start all over again?
Thank you.

Read post #1.

Read post #1.
I'm sorry to say, but I couldn't understand the guide. I'm using 10.13.4 and that talks about 10.12...I'm still a bit noob...just wondering if it is better to sell this nvme and buy a 960 evo that I read that it has native support...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry to say, but I couldn't understand the guide. I'm using 10.14 and that talks about 10.12...I'm still a bit noob...just wondering if it is better to sell this nvme and buy a 960 evo that I read that it has native support...

My reply (that you quoted) was to @ilboss26, not you.

Your post is off-topic. This guide/thread applies only to 10.12.x and 10.11.x. In 10.13.x, we have native support for NVMe with 512 byte LBA, therefore no reason to implement HackrNVMeFamily.

FYI: No such thing as 10.14. Current version of macOS High Sierra is 10.13.4. If Apple continues to follow the same pattern with macOS releases, we expect 10.14 later this summer in beta, probably releasing sometime in the fall.

I don't see why not. This guide has nothing to do with BIOS support.
I have a 10.13 usb installer, I get to the install screen and I can see my NVMe drive but when I format and start the install it gets to about 2 minutes remaining and just reboots every time. I have read that High Sierra has native support for NVMe but will I also need a SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml?

I have a 10.13 usb installer, I get to the install screen and I can see my NVMe drive but when I format and start the install it gets to about 2 minutes remaining and just reboots every time. I have read that High Sierra has native support for NVMe but will I also need a SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml?

Your post is off-topic.

This guide is for 10.12 and 10.11.
10.13 has better support for NVMe with 512 byte LBA, so HackrNVMeFamily and spoofing is simply not applicable.

Problems you have installing 10.13 are simply not relevant to this thread.
Plus it is not surprising your computer will reboot near the end of the installation topic.

My reply (that you quoted) was to @ilboss26, not you.

Your post is off-topic. This guide/thread applies only to 10.12.x and 10.11.x. In 10.13.x, we have native support for NVMe with 512 byte LBA, therefore no reason to implement HackrNVMeFamily.

FYI: No such thing as 10.14. Current version of macOS High Sierra is 10.13.4. If Apple continues to follow the same pattern with macOS releases, we expect 10.14 later this summer in beta, probably releasing sometime in the fall.
Thank you for your answers, however I'm still trying to figure it out what is causing my NVMe to badly.
I think it has something to do with these lines, I've attached a picture of the verbose mode.

PS: The lines about ACPI and Apple eNVMe failed.

Attachments

• Mac error.png
    Mac error.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back