Contribute
Register

[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK, no native NVMe kext in 10.10.
Any NVMe thing you're doing on 10.10 is therefore off-topic here.
This topic is only for patched IONVMeFamily.kext (eg. HackrNVMeFamily*.kext).

Paragon on Windows?

I don't know what you mean "using the nvme present here".

No windows partition.

Sorry for the off-topic, but i felt it was still ontopic based on the M2 error i sent 4 months ago.

the NVMe is related to the kext here http://www.macvidcards.com/nvme-driver.html

Thanks for replying

Long Story short, went back to 10.10.5 because 2nd monitor (VGA) would not allow Sierra to boot up
Does the boot fail because the monitor is VGA, or because you have two monitors? If the former, then maybe you could use an HDMI or DisplayPort to VGA adapter. If you can fix that, then you can upgrade to 10.11 or 10.12 and use HackrNVMEFamily or 10.13 and use IONVMeFamily.

I do have two monitors. the vga is already connected through DVI to VGA adapter.
Somehow while booting, the system always considers the vga as the main monitor both on Yosemite and sierra, but when reaches log in screen on Yosemite already knows my option for the main one. On Sierra wouldn't reach log in screen.

Been waiting for a good deal for a new main, so that will be fixed "soon" but in the meantime... :rolleyes:

I do have two monitors. the vga is already connected through DVI to VGA adapter.
Somehow while booting, the system always considers the vga as the main monitor both on Yosemite and sierra, but when reaches log in screen on Yosemite already knows my option for the main one. On Sierra wouldn't reach log in screen.

What I was trying to say is, the crash should go away if the VGA monitor is connected to the HDMI or DisplayPort output using an adapter. With NVidia graphics, the VGA/DVI connector is first. I don't think Maxwell based NVidia cards support VGA in macOS anyway or maybe that's just with the later OS versions? Does the NVidia drivers have Maxwell support on Yosemite for your GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD? Does it have graphics acceleration in Yosemite for your VGA display?

Hi guys, does anyone know if there is a guide to upgrading from sierra to high sierra if we're a user of HackrNVMeFamily? I tried to do an upgrade while ignoring this, and get the symbol that means that it can't mount my drive (the NULL 0 thing). I assume that I somehow need to disable the workaround during install...

What I was trying to say is, the crash should go away if the VGA monitor is connected to the HDMI or DisplayPort output using an adapter. With NVidia graphics, the VGA/DVI connector is first. I don't think Maxwell based NVidia cards support VGA in macOS anyway or maybe that's just with the later OS versions? Does the NVidia drivers have Maxwell support on Yosemite for your GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD? Does it have graphics acceleration in Yosemite for your VGA display?

Let's try to keep posts in this thread according to the topic.
Reminder: "[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof"

Hi guys, does anyone know if there is a guide to upgrading from sierra to high sierra if we're a user of HackrNVMeFamily? I tried to do an upgrade while ignoring this, and get the symbol that means that it can't mount my drive (the NULL 0 thing). I assume that I somehow need to disable the workaround during install...

You should be able to keep HackrNVMeFamily in place during (and after the update).
Then, at your leisure, remove HackrNVMeFamily *and* the class-code spoof SSDT.

You should be able to keep HackrNVMeFamily in place during (and after the update).
Then, at your leisure, remove HackrNVMeFamily *and* the class-code spoof SSDT.

Okay, then the NULL symbol when it boots the high sierra install partition must be related to something else. I'll try launching it with verbose logging to see where it's actually failing.

Thank you.

Okay, then the NULL symbol when it boots the high sierra install partition must be related to something else.

If you're using the class-code spoof (eg. SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml is in ACPI/patched), maybe you forgot to put HackrNVMeFamily in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

For booting the 10.13 installer, you could also choose to do it without the SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml and therefore using native IONVMeFamily.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back