Contribute
Register

(Guide) H77N-WIFI with Intel HD4000 using Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
In the fisrt post you mention that clovers inject i tel is not needed since you already use an ssdt hack ? I dont see it in the post or which do you mean please ?

[edit] ahh i see you refer to this :
https://github.com/VoiletDragon/H77N-WIFI-Clover-Hotpatch-Patches/blob/master/SSDT-Hack.aml

Does it bring any advantages over using clovers intel injector + lilu and intelfixup, please ?

iGPU injection is done by SSDT-HACK. Look at the code below. IntelFixup is not needed its garbage. Lilu I dont use it. I inject via ACPI instead of using Clovers Graphics injection. In my experience it fixes Beats1 Radio etc but I dont watch DRM protected on my Desktop got other devices for that. As far as GraphicsFixup & Lilu its garbage which isn't needed and causes problems.

Code:
Scope (_SB.PCI0.IGPU)
    {
        OperationRegion (IGD4, PCI_Config, Zero, 0x14)
        Field (IGD4, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
        {
            Offset (0x02),
            GDID,   16,
            Offset (0x10),
            BAR1,   32
        }

Name (GIDL, Package (0x03)
        {
            0x0162,
            Zero,
            Package (0x06)
            {
                "AAPL,ig-platform-id",
                Buffer (0x04)
                {
                     0x0A, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01                       
                },

"model",
                Buffer (0x17)
                {
                    "Intel HD Graphics 4000"
                },

"hda-gfx",
                Buffer (0x0A)
                {
                    "onboard-1"
                }
            }
        })
        Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
        {
            If (LNot (Arg2))
            {
                Return (Buffer (One)
                {
                     0x03                                         
                })
            }

Store (Match (GIDL, MEQ, GDID, MTR, Zero, Zero), Local0)
            If (LNotEqual (Ones, Local0))
            {
                Store (Match (GIDL, MEQ, Zero, MTR, Zero, Add (Local0, One)), Local0)
                Return (DerefOf (Index (GIDL, Add (Local0, One))))
            }

Return (Package (0x00) {})
        }
    }

VioletDragon, thanks for creating this detailed guide and uploading your files. I've been trying to make this work on my z77n unsuccessfully. I was (perhaps mistakenly) under the impression it would work since the motherboards are nearly identical. Then I noticed that you have a z77n fork on your github page. I tried those files too and I'm still stuck with the same error and unable to make it through the installation.

Just to be clear, until now all of my many attempts had been made following only your guide. With or without a gpu, the installation would hang after several "Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line.." messages. I finally gave Unibeast a shot and it worked. Then I followed only the post-installation portion of your guide with your z77n files. Just as before, the system hangs with the same message. I will attach photos of verbose boots. I had difficulty getting my phone camera to focus while capturing the whole screen. I hope enough of it is legible.

Here are some things I've tried in case it helps narrow down the issue:
  • Two different USB thumb drives, 32GB Sandisk and 16GB Kingston, both are USB 2.0.
  • Disconnected all but one internal drive and used only USB 2.0 ports for mouse, keyboard, and usb thumb drive
  • Attempted installation using h77n files (not z77n) with both HD4000 internal graphics and my GPU, using the proper config in each case. I attempted installation with your z77n files only with my gpu because there were no hd4000 variants
  • Used different displays, 2560x1440 over HDMI and DisplayPort, 1600x900 over DVI
  • Clover v2.4_r4243 and v2.4_r4200 which was the latest version at the time you created the guide
  • Installed successfully with Unibeast and followed your post-installation instructions with your z77n files, which then fails to boot
I've probably done something stupid here. I don't know a much about this. My previous installation was Yosemite with Chimera. I followed a guide with a pre-edited dsdt, things worked, and I left it alone. My 980Ti just died and was replaced with a 1080 so I'm forced to move on to Sierra. Your config and patched files would be a great resource for me if someone can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Attachments

• installation-hd4000.jpg
    installation-hd4000.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 129
  • installation-gtx1080.jpg
    installation-gtx1080.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 128
  • post-installation-gtx1080.jpg
    post-installation-gtx1080.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
VioletDragon, thanks for creating this detailed guide and uploading your files. I've been trying to make this work on my z77n unsuccessfully. I was (perhaps mistakenly) under the impression it would work since the motherboards are nearly identical. Then I noticed that you have a z77n fork on your github page. I tried those files too and I'm still stuck with the same error and unable to make it through the installation.

Just to be clear, until now all of my many attempts had been made following only your guide. With or without a gpu, the installation would hang after several "Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line.." messages. I finally gave Unibeast a shot and it worked. Then I followed only the post-installation portion of your guide with your z77n files. Just as before, the system hangs with the same message. I will attach photos of verbose boots. I had difficulty getting my phone camera to focus while capturing the whole screen. I hope enough of it is legible.

Here are some things I've tried in case it helps narrow down the issue:
  • Two different USB thumb drives, 32GB Sandisk and 16GB Kingston, both are USB 2.0.
  • Disconnected all but one internal drive and used only USB 2.0 ports for mouse, keyboard, and usb thumb drive
  • Attempted installation using h77n files (not z77n) with both HD4000 internal graphics and my GPU, using the proper config in each case. I attempted installation with your z77n files only with my gpu because there were no hd4000 variants
  • Used different displays, 2560x1440 over HDMI and DisplayPort, 1600x900 over DVI
  • Clover v2.4_r4243 and v2.4_r4200 which was the latest version at the time you created the guide
  • Installed successfully with Unibeast and followed your post-installation instructions with your z77n files, which then fails to boot
I've probably done something stupid here. I don't know a much about this. My previous installation was Yosemite with Chimera. I followed a guide with a pre-edited dsdt, things worked, and I left it alone. My 980Ti just died and was replaced with a 1080 so I'm forced to move on to Sierra. Your config and patched files would be a great resource for me if someone can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Follow the guide carefully. SSDT-HACK needs to be paired with post_install_HD4000.plist.

Do you have any usb issue after sleep?
I have usb dongle bluetooth mouse that sometimes does not work after waking up from sleep.
It does work when the pc is sleeping because I can shake the mouse and the pc wakes up.

Last edited:
Do you have any usb issue after sleep?
I have usb dongle bluetooth mouse that sometimes does not work after waking up from sleep.
It does work when the pc is sleeping because I can shake the mouse and the pc wakes up.

USB out of sleep works perfectly fine.
I dont use USB Dongles they're a waste of time.
No USB after sleep is most likely a USB Configuration Problem.
Attach Problem Reporting Files.

USB out of sleep works perfectly fine.
I dont use USB Dongles they're a waste of time.
No USB after sleep is most likely a USB Configuration Problem.
Attach Problem Reporting Files.
Hi VioletDragon,

We are using the same board.
I assume if I have a problem, then you must have too.
Probably you are not using sleep as much as I do. (It is a rare case like 2 out of 10 it will happen)
Usb port is working fine because replugging the usb to the same port will work again.
Just wondering, what revision is your bios?F4?
May I know what is your XHCI mode? Enabled/Auto/Smart Auto? (Not listed in 1st post)
I have additional clover rename config and SSDT .aml files from RehabMan's guide, ie: XSEL, ESEL, XWAK.
Do you proceed with the USBinjectAll configuration or installed USBinjectAll.kext only?

I am using SSDT-GFX0.aml and post_install_nvidia_graphics.plist as the baseline.
Just a general question before we go deeper.
Thank you.

Hi VioletDragon,

We are using the same board.
I assume if I have a problem, then you must have too.
Probably you are not using sleep as much as I do. (It is a rare case like 2 out of 10 it will happen)
Usb port is working fine because replugging the usb to the same port will work again.
Just wondering, what revision is your bios?F4?
May I know what is your XHCI mode? Enabled/Auto/Smart Auto? (Not listed in 1st post)
I have additional clover rename config and SSDT .aml files from RehabMan's guide, ie: XSEL, ESEL, XWAK.
Do you proceed with the USBinjectAll configuration or installed USBinjectAll.kext only?

Just a general question before we go deeper.
Thank you.

Incorrect.
USB works fine on my desktop same with Sleep.
My desktop has been in and out of sleep for 41 days now.
Follow the guide carefully.

Incorrect.
USB works fine on my desktop same with Sleep.
My desktop has been in and out of sleep for 41 days now.
Follow the guide carefully.
I am using SSDT-GFX0.aml and post_install_nvidia_graphics.plist as the baseline.
Can you elaborate "incorrect" and correct it where it is wrong.
Also, can you let us know what is your bios version and also XHCI mode? This information is missing in the 1st post.

Can you elaborate "incorrect" and correct it where it is wrong.
Also, can you let us know what is your bios version and also XHCI mode? This information is missing in the 1st post.

You have not read the guide.
Guide clearly states XHCI -> Enabled.
Neither have you Attached Problem Reporting Files.
Read the guide before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back