RTX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Overview,

I decided to do a guide on the H77N-WIFI. Which I recently replaced my Z77-DS3H which is now my Backup Server. This guide is on getting up and running with macOS Sierra 10.12.6. Ive recently implemented Clover Hotpatch using Clover's ACPI, DSDT, Patches with SSDT-Hack. Although this guide will work with 10.11, 10.10 and 10.9 i do run 10.9.5 Mavericks on a second drive.

My configuration

• GA-H77N-WIFI.
  • Core i7-3770.
  • Intel HD 4000.
  • Corsair RM 650.
  • Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB.
  • Fractal Design Mini C Non Side Window ( A Quiet Case).
  • Apple BCM94602CS In Mini PCI-E Slot.
  • Apple Magic Mouse 2, Apple Keyboard 2.
  • 2x ASUS VE248H Monitors soon to be replaced with -> DELL U2515H 25inch 1440p Monitor.

Things you will need.

16GB USB Flash Drive.
macOS Sierra 10.12.5 from the Mac App Store. (Use a Mac or a working Hackintosh to download macOS from the Mac App Store).

BIOS Settings,

ATA Port Information -> Hotplug disable, BIOS Features, Limit CPUID Maximum -> Disabled, Execute Disable Bit -> Enabled, Intel Virtualization Technology -> Enabled, (Vt-d can be left enabled as dart=0 is in my configs). CSM Support -> Always, Boot Mode Selection -> UEFI Only, PXE Boot Option Control -> Disabled, Storage Boot Option Control -> UEFI Only. Peripherals, SATA Mode Selection -> AHCI, XHCI Pre-Boot Driver -> Enabled, Innit Display First -> PEG, Internal Graphics -> Disabled, XHCI Hand-off -> Enabled, EHCI Hand-off -> Enabled. Super IO Configuration/Serial Port A ->Disabled. Power Management, Erp -> Enabled, High Precision Event Timer -> Enabled. (Based on these BIOS Settings i have listed here it works well)

Creating USB.

I used createmediainstall using Terminal and install Clover Manually. You can use Unibeast if you like but will need to replace config.plist with installer.plist. Rename installer_HD4000 to config.plist.

Erase USB Boot stick as OS X Extended (Journaled), GUID Partition Map. Naming the Drive as USB. Open. Terminal and copy and paste.

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app

Once the files are done copying we now need to install Clover to the Pen drive. Can download Clover from Sourceforge. Clover EFI bootloader download | SourceForge.net

Now we need to Clone my fork. You will need to download and install developers Tools and install using Terminal.

Code:
git

Now to Clone my fork using Terminal to download the additional Configs, SSDTs.

Code:
mkdir~/H77N-WIFI-Clover-Hotpatch-Patches
cd~/H77N-WIFI-Clover-Hotpatch-Patches
git clone https://github.com/VoiletDragon/H77N-WIFI-Clover-Hotpatch-Patches.git

Location of the cloned files will be downloaded to ~ (You're Name).

Now to install Clover to the Pen Drive with Correct Clover Settings.

Install For UEFI Booting only.
Install Clover in the ESP.
Theme (select one as you prefer I choose bootcamp)
Drivers64UEFI, OsxAptioFixDrv. (OsxAptioFixDrv2 It is not needed.)
Now you can install Clover. Don't forget to put HFSPlus.efi in Drivers64UEFI and remove VBoxHFS-64.efi. Now we need to put FakeSMC & Ethernet kext, USBInjectAll in EFI/Clover/kexts/other. Remove 10+ folders. FakeSMC, RealtekRTL8111.kext can be downloaded from downloads section.
You will need to replace the config with installer_HD4000 renaming it to config.
USBinjectAll can be downloaded from Rehabmans Fork. Read Readme first.
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All

Once creating you're Clover Boot stick you can now get into installing macOS. At BIOS hit F12 and boot from UEFI Pen Drive. Now Boot and install macOS.

We no longer need to boot into macOS Without Cache as macOS boots with prelinked kernel anyway.

Post Installation,

At Post Installation you will need to install Clover to you're boot drive. Its pretty much the same as the Pen drive installation. Except you need to put in place the correct config & SSDT.
Drivers64UEFI, OsxAptioFixDrv. (OsxAptioFixDrv2 It is not needed)
You can choose EmuVaribles if it makes you feel nervous but I didnt. Now you can install Clover. Don't forget to put HFSPlus.efi in Drivers64UEFI and remove VBoxHFS-64.efi. Now we need to install FakeSMC, RealtekRTL8111.kext and USBinjectall in Library/Extensions. Kexts can be downloaded from downloads section.
You will need to replace the config with post_install_HD4000 rename to config.plist.
download USBinjectall from Rehabmans fork. Read readme.

Now we need to put in place a few SSDTs. SSDTs we need are,

Code:
SSDT-Hack

SSDT-Hack goes in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.
Remove config.plist and replace it with the one post_install_HD4000 and rename to config.plist.

Now we can reboot and boot into macOS without the Pen Drive.

For Native Powermanagement you will need to generate a SSDT using Piker Alpha's ssdtPRGen.sh.Guide can be found here. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

For Audio,
SSDT-Hack has pinconfig for ALC892. No need to use realtekALC or any AppleHDA injector. Use RehabMans CodeCommander to fix No Audio from sleep.

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-eapd-codec-commander/downloads/

As Hibernation isn't supported on a Hackintosh (You will need to disable suspend to disk or S4 sleep) You will need to disable it in Terminal.

Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

After updates you may notice that Audio has stopped working. This can be fixed in Terminal.

Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Note.

Trim is enabled by the config.plist. I prefer to use Clovers Fly on Patching for Trim.

Note.

IGPU injection & HDMI Audio is handled by SSDT-Hack no need for Clovers inject/intel/True.

What works.

Native Power Management.
Full Graphics Acceleration with Intel HD 4000.
HDMI Audio
Sleep/Including Audio after sleep state.
2 Monitors using both HDMI Ports.
Messages and FaceTime. Although i didn't follow the iMessage guide.
USB 3 with High Current.
USB 2 with High Current.

Problem reporting.

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:

Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Also output from:

Code:
ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*

Also, press F4 at the main Clover screen, then compress and attach the EFI/CLOVER folder in use. And please, in order to reduce the size, omit EFI/Clover/themes.

Also post output of:

Code:

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Last edited:
Thank you for your guide! I'm just going through it now. Let me ask you please, you state Messages & Facetime are working, but that you didn't follow the iMessage guide. What process did you use to get it to work, or, did it 'just work' after system installation?

Thank you for your guide! I'm just going through it now. Let me ask you please, you state Messages & Facetime are working, but that you didn't follow the iMessage guide. What process did you use to get it to work, or, did it 'just work' after system installation?

iMessage and FaceTime is a bit off-topic. But I implemented ROM & MLB including SMUID. As your using a Z77N-WIFI could you please attach ioreg. I need to verify that AppleLPC is loaded. If it is then I'll have to do a special SSDT-Hack for the Z77N-WIFI.

Which version of OS X/macOS are you currently running?

In your guide, you wrote Drivers64UEFI, OsxAptioFixDrv. (OsxAptioFixDrv2 It is not needed.)

Did you mean:
In section Drivers64UEFI -> OsxAptioFixDrv-64 (OsxAptioFixDrv2-64 is not needed).

I just want to make sure the appended '-64' is what you meant ....

In your guide, you wrote Drivers64UEFI, OsxAptioFixDrv. (OsxAptioFixDrv2 It is not needed.)

Did you mean:
In section Drivers64UEFI -> OsxAptioFixDrv-64 (OsxAptioFixDrv2-64 is not needed).

I just want to make sure the appended '-64' is what you meant ....

OsxAptioFixDrv2-64 is not needed. Only need to pick OsxAptioFixDrv under Drivers64UEFI in Clover installation. You have not attached ioeg.

Hi VioletDragon, I have a rig very similar to yours (different graphics). I have been very happy with it until I went to High Sierra. It took me about two days to get it running relatively well. I used this guide which helped get everything running a little better. Tonight I downloaded your extraconfigs and am going to try them.

My current problem is that it is taking about 5 mins to startup. It gets stuck on HID: Legacy shim 2. There are about 5 of them then it waits 4 mins, then it starts up.

Was able to get sound running with Lilu etc.

I have done my best to copy your settings. Hopefully it will fix it. Thanks for making this information available.

EDIT: I was able to get the rig running but it still takes 4 mins like before. No silver bullets yet.

Last edited:
Maybe I am missing something. I am attaching the information in Problem Reporting in hopes of knowing more about why my system isn't running any better.

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• BaryHackInfo.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 172
Hi VioletDragon, I have a rig very similar to yours (different graphics). I have been very happy with it until I went to High Sierra. It took me about two days to get it running relatively well. I used this guide which helped get everything running a little better. Tonight I downloaded your extraconfigs and am going to try them.

My current problem is that it is taking about 5 mins to startup. It gets stuck on HID: Legacy shim 2. There are about 5 of them then it waits 4 mins, then it starts up.

Was able to get sound running with Lilu etc.

I have done my best to copy your settings. Hopefully it will fix it. Thanks for making this information available.

EDIT: I was able to get the rig running but it still takes 4 mins like before. No silver bullets yet.

Maybe I am missing something. I am attaching the information in Problem Reporting in hopes of knowing more about why my system isn't running any better.

Thank you so much!

Little off-topic. This guide is for Intel HD 4000. I have added supported for Dedicated Graphics. Create new Post.

Overview,

I decided to do a guide on the H77N-WIFI. Which I recently replaced my Z77-DS3H which is now my Backup Server. This guide is on getting up and running with macOS Sierra 10.12.6. Ive recently implemented Clover Hotpatch using Clover's ACPI, DSDT, Patches with SSDT-Hack. Although this guide will work with 10.11, 10.10 and 10.9 i do run 10.9.5 Mavericks on a second drive.

My configuration

• GA-H77N-WIFI.
  • Core i7-3770.
  • Intel HD 4000.
  • Corsair RM 650.
  • Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB.
  • Bitfenix Prodigy ITX Version.
  • Apple BCM94602CS In Mini PCI-E Slot.
  • Apple Magic Mouse 2, Apple Keyboard 2.
  • 2x ASUS VE248H Monitors soon to be replaced with -> DELL U2515H 25inch 1440p Monitor.

Things you will need.

16GB USB Flash Drive.
macOS Sierra 10.12.5 from the Mac App Store. (Use a Mac or a working Hackintosh to download macOS from the Mac App Store).

BIOS Settings,

ATA Port Information -> Hotplug disable, BIOS Features, Limit CPUID Maximum -> Disabled, Execute Disable Bit -> Enabled, Intel Virtualization Technology -> Enabled, (Vt-d can be left enabled as dart=0 is in my configs). CSM Support -> Always, Boot Mode Selection -> UEFI Only, PXE Boot Option Control -> Disabled, Storage Boot Option Control -> UEFI Only. Peripherals, SATA Mode Selection -> AHCI, XHCI Pre-Boot Driver -> Enabled, Innit Display First -> PEG, Internal Graphics -> Disabled, XHCI Hand-off -> Enabled, EHCI Hand-off -> Enabled. Super IO Configuration/Serial Port A ->Disabled. Power Management, Erp -> Enabled, High Precision Event Timer -> Enabled. (Based on these BIOS Settings i have listed here it works well)

Creating USB.

I used createmediainstall using Terminal and install Clover Manually. You can use Unibeast if you like but will need to replace config.plist with installer.plist. Rename installer_HD4000 to config.plist.

Erase USB Boot stick as OS X Extended (Journaled), GUID Partition Map. Naming the Drive as USB. Open. Terminal and copy and paste.

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app

Once the files are done copying we now need to install Clover to the Pen drive. Can download Clover from Sourceforge. Clover EFI bootloader download | SourceForge.net

Now we need to Clone my fork. You will need to download and install developers Tools and install using Terminal.

Code:
git

Now to Clone my fork using Terminal to download the additional Configs, SSDTs.

Code:
mkdir~/H77N-WIFI-Clover-Hotpatch-Patches
cd~/H77N-WIFI-Clover-Hotpatch-Patches
git clone https://github.com/VoiletDragon/H77N-WIFI-Clover-Hotpatch-Patches.git

Location of the cloned files will be downloaded to ~ (You're Name).

Now to install Clover to the Pen Drive with Correct Clover Settings.

Drivers64UEFI, OsxAptioFixDrv. (OsxAptioFixDrv2 It is not needed.)
Now you can install Clover. Don't forget to put HFSPlus.efi in Drivers64UEFI and remove VBoxHFS-64.efi. Now we need to put FakeSMC & Ethernet kext, USBInjectAll in EFI/Clover/kexts/other. Remove 10+ folders. FakeSMC, RealtekRTL8111.kext can be downloaded from downloads section.
You will need to replace the config with installer_HD4000 renaming it to config.
USBinjectAll can be downloaded from Rehabmans Fork. Read Readme first.

Once creating you're Clover Boot stick you can now get into installing macOS. At BIOS hit F12 and boot from UEFI Pen Drive. Now Boot and install macOS.

We no longer need to boot into macOS Without Cache as macOS boots with prelinked kernel anyway.

Post Installation,

At Post Installation you will need to install Clover to you're boot drive. Its pretty much the same as the Pen drive installation. Except you need to put in place the correct config & SSDT.
Drivers64UEFI, OsxAptioFixDrv. (OsxAptioFixDrv2 It is not needed)
You can choose EmuVaribles if it makes you feel nervous but I didnt. Now you can install Clover. Don't forget to put HFSPlus.efi in Drivers64UEFI and remove VBoxHFS-64.efi. Now we need to install FakeSMC, RealtekRTL8111.kext and USBinjectall in Library/Extensions. Kexts can be downloaded from downloads section.
You will need to replace the config with post_install_HD4000 rename to config.plist.
download USBinjectall from Rehabmans fork. Read readme.

Now we need to put in place a few SSDTs. SSDTs we need are,

Code:
SSDT-Hack

SSDT-Hack goes in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.
Remove config.plist and replace it with the one post_install_HD4000 and rename to config.plist.

Now we can reboot and boot into macOS without the Pen Drive.

For Native Powermanagement you will need to generate a SSDT using Piker Alpha's ssdtPRGen.sh.Guide can be found here. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

For Audio,
SSDT-Hack has pinconfig for ALC892. No need to use realtekALC or any AppleHDA injector. Use RehabMans CodeCommander to fix No Audio from sleep.

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-eapd-codec-commander/downloads/

As Hibernation isn't supported on a Hackintosh (You will need to disable suspend to disk or S4 sleep) You will need to disable it in Terminal.

Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

After updates you may notice that Audio has stopped working. This can be fixed in Terminal.

Code:

Note.

Trim is enabled by the config.plist. I prefer to use Clovers Fly on Patching for Trim.

Note.

IGPU injection & HDMI Audio is handled by SSDT-Hack no need for Clovers inject/intel/True.

What works.

Native Power Management.
Full Graphics Acceleration with Intel HD 4000.
HDMI Audio
Sleep/Including Audio after sleep state.
2 Monitors using both HDMI Ports.
Messages and FaceTime. Although i didn't follow the iMessage guide.
USB 3 with High Current.
USB 2 with High Current.

Problem reporting.

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:

Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Also output from:

Code:
ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*

Also, press F4 at the main Clover screen, then compress and attach the EFI/CLOVER folder in use. And please, in order to reduce the size, omit EFI/Clover/themes.

Also post output of:

Code:

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Update. Direct Update to High Sierra works from Sierra 10.12.6.
Only need Kexts in EFI/Clover/kext/other, Run High Sierra App.
I choose not to migrate to APFS. Used
/Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall <http://sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall> --converttoapfs NO. Method.
Updated Fork for High Sierra Audio Support. (Re-clone) Fork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back