Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
updated to macOS 10.15.4 supplemental from update works fine
Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 7.27.53 PM.png

Massive thanks Elite2K. Having put off upgrading from Yosemite for years this has been a huge help, I had pretty much written off this board. I am however having a couple of issues that I'm hoping someone may have come across. These relate to sleep and bluetooth.

Sleep: After sleep (seemingly display and or computer) the monitor comes on but I get a black screen. I'm using HDMI Intel HD 5000 (FIXED fixed by disabling serial port in bios)

Bluetooth
: I use a wireless apple keyboard and trackpad. I was able to pair both and they work fine but after a restart they do not pair automatically meaning I will always need a wired keyboard and mouse to login in and to connect. I am using a USB broadcom BT dongle thing. Any help much appreciated. (FIXED by trying another usb BT)

Last edited:
Massive thanks Elite2K. Having put off upgrading from Yosemite for years this has been a huge help, I had pretty much written off this board. I am however having a couple of issues that I'm hoping someone may have come across. These relate to sleep and bluetooth.

Sleep: After sleep (seemingly display and or computer) the monitor comes on but I get a black screen. I'm using HDMI Intel HD 5000 (FIXED fixed by disabling serial port in bios)

Bluetooth
: I use a wireless apple keyboard and trackpad. I was able to pair both and they work fine but after a restart they do not pair automatically meaning I will always need a wired keyboard and mouse to login in and to connect. I am using a USB broadcom BT dongle thing. Any help much appreciated. (FIXED by trying another usb BT)

Hi, first of all thanks very much its a team effort!!!. I had a-lot of support and help along the way with others users on tonymacx86. Secondly sorry to hear about the issues that you are experiencing.
1st - Sleep issue, TBH I have not had any sleep issues except from the old days of Yosemite and older Os's, I believe I resolved them by updating to the latest bios, so load the latest bios and do default settings, and re do the bios options and serial port should be disabled. (On another side note invest a little money and perhaps buy a nvidia gt730 or something thats supported by mojave it will save you a lot of head aches in the future). Bluetooth, there are many dongles that you can get that will work but the kexts need to be updated, so try to see if there are new kexts, (note try to buy a wireless card that has both wifi and bluetooth and is a genuine apple wifi card its cheap and works like oem and you should have less issues and headaches). After using hackintosh for many years from my own personal experience I now try to make the unit as vanilla as possible that way much of the system is natively driven, or woob (Works out of box) and it will not break when there are updates because its apples own hardware.

^^ Seconding the advice above—I finally broke down and purchased a nVidia GT 730 and it's significantly simplified my configuration. Having natively supported bluetooth/wi-fi card also really makes life easier.

Hi Elite2K!

I've installed the latest version of catalina on my z68mad2h b3, but I am not getting more than 7mb of video. And once in a while i get some advices like this.

I have a 4gb 1050ti gtx card. Could you help me with any advice to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

an

Attachments

• 1594138493878.png
    1594138493878.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
Hi Elite2K!

I've installed the latest version of catalina on my z68mad2h b3, but I am not getting more than 7mb of video. And once in a while i get some advices like this.

Thanks in advance.

an
your nvidia is not support on Catalina

Hi Elite2K!

Thanks in advance.

an

Yes please look at the two threads above. many Nvidia cards became unsupported you will need to purchase a new supported one. if you do not game then maybe a gt730 or something cheap like that.

Thank you very much for your prompt responses friends, I am trying to get a cheap card to give this hackintosh a little more life.

Although I initially put together this hacktintosh with a GTX 650.
Is it too outdated for Catalina?

:)
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back