Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought today a new mobo, and I'll try making my RX580 work with that.
Wish me luck
I got the audio working after following RehabMan instructions.
I just disabled AppleGFXHDA.kext and it worked. I had to follow this Lilu and AppleALC guide. I was doing everything wrong.
About RX580 the problem was the energy, I was connecting the 12v 8-pins. I had to buy this adaptor:

images.jpeg
Everything works fine now. Thanks!

Anyone with this motherboard tried this method? I cant get HD3000 recognized, it only has 7mb and no dual display support.

@Elite2k Thanks so much for your dedication to helping others with this board. The Catalina upgrade was very straightforward thanks to your instructions and provided files. After 7 years my 2600k is still trucking along strong!

Your guide is very good. I have a simular setup but can't get EIST(speedstep) to work no matter what. I remember in the past using an old facesmc kext it used to work.

you think i can use this folder EFI with my mobo Z68X-UD3H-B3 ?
because this is pretty much the same motherboard (audio ALC889) with the same .kext
And i have a video card GTX 770 which is a Kepler Card : compatible Mojave/Catalina native support. So i can seriously give a try !

And after upgrade bios to UEFI version U1n and reseting bios to default, which settings i need to do ?
BIOS Features > Boot Mode Selection = UEFI Only ?
Peripherals > SATA Mode Selection = AHCI ?

thank you for your help.

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 8.22.43 PM.png

10.15.4 works fine from update if update does not work update clover to latest version.
use link to download the latest version of clover

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back