Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice post.
Question: is your rig runs onn Ethernet or Wifi? if WiFI, then what parts you used for continuity or handout features ?

Thanks for your work and posting your EFI folder.
I have one of these motherboards. This build was done in 2012 with Unibeast/Multibeast.
I have an i3-2105 and was using the GPU in the CPU. I am really new at Clover and OpenCore.
Using Clover 5099, I have a USB Flash installer that will boot the machine and run 10.14.6+ off an USB SSD drive. It runs at 1024x768. There have always been issues with the ethernet and I am using USB to ethernet adapter. That works.

It is my understanding that the i3-2105 has HD3000 video. But it gets reported as HD2000 in Mojave. I am using HDMI to connect to the monitor.

Thanks, this worked for my board. I can't seem to get Wifi and Sound to work yet, but it's booting fine and otherwise usable. I'll have to work on WiFi and Sound next.

macOS Catalina 10.15.0 Supplemental Update works fine simply install via update
View attachment 431451
I had a problem with the audio. No output and input in System Configuration, it doesn't recognize my ALC889.
Actually my Video Card is incompatible, so I'm booting with nv_disable flag. I bought a new Video Card that doesn't arrived yet.
Do you think that's happening because of nv_disable? I'm using the kext-dev-mode flag.
I added toleda's AppleHDA.kext in EFI->Clover->Kext->Other and still doesn't work.

Last edited:
I had a problem with the audio. No output and input in System Configuration, it doesn't recognize my ALC889.
Actually my Video Card is incompatible, so I'm booting with nv_disable flag. I bought a new Video Card that doesn't arrived yet.
Do you think that's happening because of nv_disable? I'm using the kext-dev-mode flag.
I added toleda's AppleHDA.kext in EFI->Clover->Kext->Other and still doesn't work.

Hi, sorry for the late reply I have been away due to work and christmas time atm...
1- I dont think the nv_disable can do anything to audio its related to nvidia graphics..
2- please check your clover config.plist and enter the audio injection number which is 1 (889: 1)

3- I stopped using stock Audio long time back due to the fact it was having issues and bought a aftermarket usb made by sabent it works OOB like stock oem with built in mac osx drivers
here is the url
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/?tag=tonymacx86c0c-20

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 11.56.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 11.56.31 PM.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Nice post.
Question: is your rig runs onn Ethernet or Wifi? if WiFI, then what parts you used for continuity or handout features ?

Hello, I use mainly E-thernet it works fine however I also do use wireless as well
I use the Asus USB AC53 AC1200 works like a champ in Catalina
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B071KV2SMV/?tag=tonymacx86c0c-20

10.15.2 Works fine from updates, I also updated latest clover, lilu,weg,ALC as well

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 11.39.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 11.39.31 PM.png
    136 KB · Views: 86
  • AppleALC-1.4.4-RELEASE.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
  • Lilu-1.4.0-RELEASE.zip
    58.8 KB · Views: 73
  • WhateverGreen-1.3.5-RELEASE.zip
    429.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Clover_v2.5k_r5100.pkg.zip
    14.7 MB · Views: 98
Hi, sorry for the late reply I have been away due to work and christmas time atm...
1- I dont think the nv_disable can do anything to audio its related to nvidia graphics..
2- please check your clover config.plist and enter the audio injection number which is 1 (889: 1)

3- I stopped using stock Audio long time back due to the fact it was having issues and bought a aftermarket usb made by sabent it works OOB like stock oem with built in mac osx drivers
here is the url
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/?tag=tonymacx86c0c-20

Thank you for the response.
The injection is already set to 1. :rolleyes:
I think its better to do a downgrade because my graphic card is a Quadro 600 and my new RX 580 didn't work with my gigabyte mobo. I have tested it in a friend desktop and the problem is not with the RX 580.
Don't know what to do. So many issues.
Thanks again.

Thank you for the response.
The injection is already set to 1. :rolleyes:
I think its better to do a downgrade because my graphic card is a Quadro 600 and my new RX 580 didn't work with my gigabyte mobo. I have tested it in a friend desktop and the problem is not with the RX 580.
Don't know what to do. So many issues.
Thanks again.

Well, sorry to hear about your issue.. the way I see is it is two options. if your a gamer / need the power perhaps get a better metal supported GPU, or if your just a user who needs youtube, movies, email and basic stuff buy a older Nvidia gpu that supports metal and works out of the box..

G.L.

Well, sorry to hear about your issue.. the way I see is it is two options. if your a gamer / need the power perhaps get a better metal supported GPU, or if your just a user who needs youtube, movies, email and basic stuff buy a older Nvidia gpu that supports metal and works out of the box..

G.L.

I bought today a new mobo, and I'll try making my RX580 work with that.
Wish me luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back