Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3+EVGA GTX650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this will help someone else...

I think selecting Optimized Defaults in the BIOS on this board sets the SATA to IDE. When the Mojave installer runs it doesn’t see the drive connected SATA as a valid target.

When I set the SATA as ACHI, the Mojave installer saw it as a valid target and installed fine.

It also seems to need the USB flash to be 2.0.

I can also report the onboard USB 3.0 doesn’t work until the kt 4004 PCIe USB 3.0 is installed.

Dennis

Last edited:
I know this probably falls in the “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!” category.

Any value in updating Clover to 5100 and the Kexts to their latest versions?

Dennis

Last edited:
Sorry guys but my evga gtx 650 sc it seems not to be working natively. Should I install something?

There are problems if the core is GK106 rather than GK107. Best to see if you can determine which core your gtx 650 has.

There are problems if the core is GK106 rather than GK107. Best to see if you can determine which core your gtx 650 has.
Thanks! do you know where can I get that info? This is what speccy shows under windows.
gtx.PNG

There's a post on here from TRS96 "if you have Windows run GPU-Z to find out if it's got a GK 107 core." Other than contacting the manufacturer, I don't know how to determine the core.

There's a post on here from TRS96 "if you have Windows run GPU-Z to find out if it's got a GK 107 core." Other than contacting the manufacturer, I don't know how to determine the core.
thanks!
Capture.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back